Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was on a ride today and went to put my sled into reverse and it killed the motor. It then took a few minutes to fire it up. I eventually got it fired then it worked fine (stopped, started, reversed normally) for a couple of hours. Then on the way home I shut the sled down and it wouldn't start. This time I couldn't get it going after a prolonged attempt so we pulled the belt and started towing it. Of course I tried it again on a stop along the trail then it fired first pull, so on went the belt and I rode it home. Back at my vehicle I gave it a few more tests and it worked fine.

Anyone experience this or have any ideas? I've also noticed that occassionally I have to use the throttle or the sled won't start.

Thanks

·
Registered
324 Posts
if mine doesn't start by the second pull i just crack the throttle a little and it has always fired. would check for melted wiring, like the wiring to your left fuel injector, it runs behind the fuel rail and mine had melted a bare spot on it. also if you run the sled in the dark and wiggle the wiring if you do have a short you can usually see it spark. hope this helps, was thinking about how it died when you hit reverse, my buddies reverse quit working and found the connector had gotten ice built up on it from kicking out the boards and it actually made the connector come apart, another area you might look at.

·
Registered
22 Posts
my M8 was having a similar starting problem,wouldnt re start after shutting down hot.unless the throttle was opened.
stopped after about 150miles?,sounded like a fuel problem,injector leaking?

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have had the same issue especially if stopped on a hill aiming down. I find holding the throttle open a bit works as well

·
Registered
6 Posts
my 14 m8 does that sometimes. I disconnect the harness in front of handle bars and it always starts up, then plug harness back in. I think its the throttle safety switch that is the culprit. I have heard of ppl disconnecting plus to safety switch and taping it off...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts