Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been tossing around the idea of getting a new sled, and am probably gonna pull the trigger next year. Im trying to decide between a M8 and a crossfire 8. (somewhere 08-10) I am 19, 5'7, 160 lbs, and currently drive a 03 f7. I run my sleds forever, my F7 has 18,000 on it, and before that I had a 94 EXT with 23,000. I do mainly trail and road riding, taking it very easy on my sled. I am honestly only interested in a long track because I like the looks,I wont do much playing in the deep powder. . I would perfer something with ACT drive. I know neither of these sleds would have as much as my f7 because of the HP-weight ratio, but I dont want to downgrade to something where theres going to be a noticeable power difference. for this reason im a little scared of the geared down M? how does the rider positioning differ from an F7 on both? alot of my miles are put on up in onterio ona hard pack trail, would a deep lug M track make a rougher ride? looking for like a 141 track, does anyone have any experience with both or either sled and have an opinion? thx for the help.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I would go with the crossfire because like you said the m is geared down and the big paddle is going to be worthless on the trail and probably break most of them off. The m also has narrow a-arms which will make handleing worse on the trail.

Reactions: Pavolko_Farms

·
Premium Member
2,954 Posts
IF you're looking at mostly trail riding, I'd take a serious look at the CFR (different from a regular crossfire) they're cheaper, and they're more specific to trail that the crossover based crossfire.

If you go 2010+ you'll see a pretty big improvement in performance from the 7, the 2010+ motor is a very strong runner.

I wouldn't even think about a long track from what you said... it'd be a big step back, if you want to get into more deep snow riding at some point though, the crossfire may be a good option for you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts