Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

M8 lower a-arm bushings/axles

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  axion68 
#1 ·
have ordered these from 3 diffferent dealers and keep getting the ones for the M7, these are the bushings that go into the spindle with a spacer molded onto the end. 3 different dealers and none of them will take the time to find me the right ones. the ones i keep getting are about a half an inch to short and about a millimeter smaller in diameter, sure someone else has had to of replaced these by now. am about ready to go to a machine shop and have some made... any help would be greatly appreciated

#3 ·
will check part numbers when i get to the shop today, thanks for the link, will be nice to be able to call and know they at least are checking the right part number. have shaved the molded washer off and replaced it with regular flat washers but would rather have the right ones. thought this was gonna be a quick fix, been running it that way for the last month.

#4 ·
ole454 has the magic number, 2603-591 is the correct part number for the bushing that goes into the spindle for the lower a-arm. Partsmart doesn't have 07 lookup yet so they are probably going off of the 06 stuff. Next time you are in your dealer tell them to look it up off of the 07 parts manual online.

#5 ·
thanx ole your part number was dead on. called the dealer with the right part number, said he would have to go online to check it. so obviously these guys did not take the time to actually look up the correct number and went off the old 06-05 numbers. 3 dealers doing the same thing... wow! anyone needing any M7 bushings i have 6 sets, selling fast, order now before supplies run out:)

#6 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (89sandman @ Feb 7 2007, 06:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
thanx ole your part number was dead on. called the dealer with the right part number, said he would have to go online to check it. so obviously these guys did not take the time to actually look up the correct number and went off the old 06-05 numbers. 3 dealers doing the same thing... wow! anyone needing any M7 bushings i have 6 sets, selling fast, order now before supplies run out:)[/b]
You actually hade to buy the wrong bushings. What kinda ******* dealers do you have out there. Take them back.

#7 ·
Lol, damn Sandman, im glad you got er figured. It sucks, theres such a wait on sled parts as it is, and when they mess up and order wrong parts, or not even look at all, it justy drives me frickin nuts. I like auto parts, overnight service if not in stock.
I do need bushings, but by the time they get shipped, im sure they wouldnt be as good a deal anymore for me. heh
Brian

#8 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Coxy @ Feb 7 2007, 11:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Lol, damn Sandman, im glad you got er figured. It sucks, theres such a wait on sled parts as it is, and when they mess up and order wrong parts, or not even look at all, it justy drives me frickin nuts. I like auto parts, overnight service if not in stock.
I do need bushings, but by the time they get shipped, im sure they wouldnt be as good a deal anymore for me. heh
Brian[/b]
You should be getting fast service from your dealer. As long as the part isn't backordered your dealer should get their first online order of the day 2nd day air for free. If it is taking longer than 3 days to get parts you should talk to your dealer about the service you are getting. And if you want to pay for shipping you can get your parts overnighted.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.