Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if anyone is using an adjustable fuel regulator for their m8. I am going to be putting on a ypipe and was wondering how much i should turn the fuel up to be safe for running 0-3000 feet and then from about 5-8000. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
54 Posts
I was talking to Dale at D&D yesterday, and he said it was not needed with the Y pipe and can upgrade. He did suggest using the Boondocker control box with these upgrades

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have a superlite can and D & D y-pipe. No Boondocker or regulator installed. I ride at around 9000-10000 feet. I did here that Cat called dealers and told them that aftermarket y-pipes installed on 1000's would require regulators to prevent meltdown.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Would there be any difference if I wanted to run the y-pipe at around 3000 feet and the to the mountains at 8000 feet? What I am trying to ask is if it is safe to run it at both elevations without worrying about burning the engine down.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I've never ran at that low of elevation but I can confirm it will run fine at 6000 feet. Your cheapest insurance would be to throw one on and bump the fuel up 2-3 lbs and check your wash at low elevation.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts