Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what kind of clutch setups everyone is using for 6-9000 feet, have heard of guys using up to 75 gram weigths for that elevation and am wondering if anyone has tried these?? Thanks

·
Registered
52 Posts
I ride at roughly 7-9500 feet and all that i have done is put 69g weights in it but I think personally the weights that came with the sled the 68 would be better. I ride with a 04 900 159 and in a race I can pull him up to sixty after that he catches up and slowly pulles away. With the stock 65s my wifes 06 600 would out pull my m8 (not cool) and I am roughly 2-3 lenghts behind a skidoo 1000 in the same race and depending on the start I can hold side by side. I am very happy with this setup it holds 7650-7700 and doesnt search for rpms while climbing. I havent tried any other springs since I dont have a lot of $ for experimetal stuff to just have sitting in the garage, but the clutches stay fairley cool and after a good ride on the trail, I can hold my hands on the clutch with out burning my self. Hope that this helps, I am not a clutch guru, but have listed my 2 cents. :super_happy:

·
Premium Member
2,954 Posts
check the post in the arctic cat forum on snowest titles "M8 clutching" by geo, his setups I believe are at your altitude & he's amazing at clutching.

there's a ton of different setups at different altitude in that post.

myself, at 10,5 to 13k I run a rkt kit, red/wht sec. spring & 70 light tips.

Kaleb

1 - 3 of 3 Posts