Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 06 m7 EFI.It seems to run good up to 7000 then it spits and sputters.It works ok at half throttle,but as soon as you go to WOT the problem starts.I just checked fuel pressure its at 50 psi?Dunno if thats high or not?It seems to use ALOT of fuel as well.I think it is over fueling.I remove the pipe and the ports are washed clean.I just got it and cannot even ride it.I have not done a comp test, it seems to have lots,but I will do a test when I get a guage.I am going to check the power valves and see what they look like.I'm not sure how many miles or hrs are on this thing(LONG STORY!!!)Any help will be appreciated.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I had a similar sounding problem with mine rescently. Although mine was very intermittent. I cut the plug wires back a 1/4" and put the new boots on (i had put new boots on and didnt do this previously). New plugs, checked coil wiring, etc. Still did it the next ride. So i put another new set of plugs in just in case, pulled the power valves and cleaned them up a bit, then adjusted the cable length to spec. (i was just a hair over a mm out). One ride on it since then, and i couldnt of been any happier with it. One thing i was and still am a little suspicious about is the throttle safety switch... My throttle hand always is up tight to the pivot, and when playing around in the shop, i think i could easilly have held the flipper in the safety mode once in a while on the hill. But, you could check that quite easilly, behind the aluminum cover on the steering post hoop, theres 2, 3 prong plugs, one of which controlls the killswitch/safety. Unplug that and give it a go. Water in fuel maybe as well? Just a couple suggestions that were givin to me to try. Let us know.
Brian

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks checked power valves (kinda a pain)Mag side gummed right up VERY difficult to get out.I had to work it back and forth alot to get it out.Does anyone have the cable adjustment spec????
Coxy like the atv.I got a 79 shorty 4x4 as well....i love it...

·
Registered
232 Posts
Yessir, manual states 34.5mm/1.35" +/- 1mm/.039". If you've got your cables marked for position from the servo drum, good, if not, do it now. Hold the cable housing, and give the cable end a little pull, that'll take up slack in the cable. I used my digi calipers to measure from the cable housing to the end of the cable. I did find that if i wasnt holding everything just right, the housing would slide back towards the cable end ever so slightly and mess up my numbers. Then tune em in with the adjusters. I appologize if your already familliar with the method, just thought id offer it just incase. If your valve(s) were that gumed up, i think you found your problem. Good luck!
Oh, and yeah, can't beat a good ol 79!

About 9" of lift, KP D60/10.5", locked w/4.88's, 4 wheel disks, np435/205, Fuelie 460, 40" Rockers...A little body work might come some day.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts