Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

M7 Ski Position

4K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  u332 
#1 ·
Where do you folks have your skis positioned? I am thinking of setting mine to the narrowest setting just so I can carve easier, but wondered what you all think.

thanks!

Discussion starter · #7 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ndmtnsledder @ Mar 7 2007, 04:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dingo @ Mar 7 2007, 09:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In stead of changing your skis loosen your limiter strap on the rear suspention.you can even give the front shock[rear] a turn or too tighter.It makes a big difference.[/b]
Move the skis in before you loosen the limiter strap. When you loosen the limiter strap it lowers the skid and worsens the approach angle. Its surprising how much difference one hole on that limiter strap effects how well the sled gets up on top of the snow. Personally when I ride out west I prefer to loosen the front shock spring a few turns, suck the limiter strap up all the way and move the skis to the narrowest. Still handles great on the trail as the front end is more planted with more weight transfer to the front, planes out on top of the snow like a dream, and is super easy to carve. I also have a 2 wheel kit and the front outside idlers are removed. Most guys when they get on mine in the deep have a tendency to tip it all the way over the first time cause its turns over easier them most.
[/b][/quote]

what the heck is the "limiter strap"? If I change over my skis from middle to narrow, do I NEED to do anything to that strap? what does it do?

thanks,
dave

Discussion starter · #9 ·
how do you guys know about all this stuff? the book that came with my M was pretty lame, and covered every snowmachine they make. Is there a book out there that tells all about maintenance and repair etc, sort of like the chilton's for cars?

thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.