Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i went riding and figured with no snow for awhile and it being a bit warmer i would take my hood off, wow whole different story ran awsome till,,, well come to find out when you run without the hood the extra amps from the stator from no lights or gauge it burns up the computer 500 bucks bang your head bang your head not worth it dont ride without your hood m7 efi owners

·
Registered
795 Posts
If you are going to go hoodless, wire in a litebulb and turn it on to cause an extra draw.
That is what I have done in the past , and it works fine.

Sorry to hear you learned this too late.

·
Registered
160 Posts
This has happened to quite a few people. I believe boondocker makes a pack you can plug in that will draw the amount of power your headlights do, or you can wire in some resistors to pull 55 watts or so to be safe. And you can turn your hand warmers on high to get some extra power draw if you roach hood on the hill and can ride it out.

The 2007's don't have any issues without running lights or guages due to the chassis control unit.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Your lucky you got by for 500 the ECUs list out at 1200. Axion is correct 55watts is what the stock headlights are most guys on snowest are running either 2 25s or 2 50s. Go pick up some foglights from Walmart they work pretty good it seems like. They mount right to the handlebars for running without a hood or a lexan or mesh hood.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I put on a diamand s hood last year and a boondocker 100 watt diode that cost around 50$ it works great and my hand warmers are still plenty warm. There is a gye in valdez or anchorage alaska that makes a nice helmet light to so you dont need a hood.

·
Registered
78 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sledmax @ Feb 8 2007, 06:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
There is a gye in valdez or anchorage alaska that makes a nice helmet light to so you dont need a hood.[/b]
Not sure if it's the same guy but I believe what you are talking about is called a "Lead Dog". They have a hard wired and a battery unit that has a headlight and tailight that go on your helmet. I beleive they are between 80-150 but don't quote me on that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts