Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering what kind of mileage others are seeing on their 06 M6. I am getting around 70 miles on a tank, just checking to see if I am compareable. I only have around 160 miles on it.

I am also seeing about 75 - 80 mph as a top speed on packed trails.

Thanks for your inputs.

·
Registered
113 Posts
fuel use sounds about the same as mine but i get about 85 to 90 mph but im running a 1.60 141 on my 2005 M6 and a BMP silencer and a fuel pressure reducer and the BMP pipe mod.

·
Registered
795 Posts
My pals wife rides an M6.
I rode it and saw about 130 kms/hr on a packed trail at 4,500 feet.
And she on average gets around 110 to 120 kms to a tank.
If you take kms, and multiply by about 0.62 you will have miles.

·
Registered
52 Posts
my wife has a 06 m6 and it get on average 10-11 mpg and I have personally had it to 92 mph twice in the same day just to make sure it isnt a fluke, but they run great and it will even pull my m8 on top end from a running start. dont worry just ride and enjoy. Not worthy:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am not worried about it. My sled pulls really good I am happy with. It pulls harder than my buddies switchback and thats the only thing that matters to me.

Thanks for your replies

·
Registered
41 Posts
At only 160miles the unit is probably not very well broken in yet. In fact, if you ran injection oil in your first tank of fuel like the manual says, you were probably running very running very rich and that probably hurt your milage somewhat also. Also, check your oil usage, and make sure it isn't running hog rich.

That all being said, your right thumb does more to affect your fuel mileage than any other factor. My M7 and my buddies M6 get about the same when we are in Wyoming, 85 to 100 miles to a tank.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm a big guy and I break trail and run in deeper snow, so I am lucking to get 60-70 miles from a tank. I'm starting to carry extra fuel in a 2.5 gallon tank just to make it on the trails.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts