Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This year i bought an 07 M1000 153 SP with 2100 miles on it. So far i have about 700 miles on the machine, and its been pretty good, but i have a few questions.

1. Heated grips, when i got the sled the left side heated grip did not work, upon inspection i noticed the wires were nicked as someone trimmed the left side grip, but now neither side nor the thumb warmer works. i have new left heating element, but is there a fuse or some reason the right wouldnt work? and the grips seem impossible to get off, will compressed air under the grip work to get it off, or any other tricks?

2. exhaust temps seem real hot, i had 1 throttle cable break and the plastic by the clutch melted some, also the coolant overflow hose on the bottle is melted. has v force reeds, slp can, and slp y pipe. if i just put the stock pipe back on will that bring the egt back down, or do i need to more to it? also has frogskins and vents on the exhaust and clutch side

3. does anyone make an e-start kit for this sucker. its a bear to pull when its below 0.

thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,954 Posts
EXH temps seem hot... do you have an egt, or do you just mean underhood temps?

A little venting will help that, easy fix.

Where you at in CO?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i dont have an egt, just seems hot under hood. what kind of venting options are available?

sled is up near BV

·
Premium Member
2,954 Posts
you can get hood vents, side vents, headlight vents, gauge vents...

these vents are from BR tech... the best made ones I have run.

the gauge vent also repositions it so you can actually read it while riding, I got this one from canadasledparts.com

the headlight & top of hood vents are from Mtnfit hoods... I hate their hoods, but they make some decent vents for the few spots that BR-tech doesn't.

I also run a vent in front of my clutches too.

High underhood heat it totally normal, and melting unfortunately is as well... just need to open her up a bit! (also heat tape around the wires that are down by the fuel rail)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts