Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 08 m1000 with 09 reflash . My sled has about 15000 miles on it , I put a new crate motor in 2 weeks ago before a trip and now it runs cold on my rt cylinder at low speeds , the sled has all exhaust and a pc5 I'm running the same tune as before the only thing is a complete motor swap , before I lean down a cylinder does anybody have a idea why it runs worse with a new motor? It is a factory crate motor

·
Premium Member
2,954 Posts
I have a 08 m1000 with 09 reflash . My sled has about 15000 miles on it , I put a new crate motor in 2 weeks ago before a trip and now it runs cold on my rt cylinder at low speeds , the sled has all exhaust and a pc5 I'm running the same tune as before the only thing is a complete motor swap , before I lean down a cylinder does anybody have a idea why it runs worse with a new motor? It is a factory crate motor

Well... why did you replace the motor? ;)

I'd guess you had an issue, and you were compensating for that, with new motor, the issue is gone and now you're adding more fuel than you need. (out of butt guess disclaimer here... :D )

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I replaced the motor because it had 15000 yes fifteen thousand miles on it and a rod bearing let loose, I've tried a couple of my old maps in it and it still runs like crap at low speeds,

·
Premium Member
2,954 Posts
WOW... not bad, that's cool to hear that many miles on a 1000!

honestly, if the problem wasn't in the last motor, then probably in this one, I'd check for a clogged injector... maybe you got some tiny gunk it there during the swap?

also, check connections at the reeds/ airbox... anything that could be different from one to the other.

It shouldn't be the box, or the ecu... rule out things that would affect the cylinders the same.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I figured out what it was , it was a power valve cable ,it was broken in the middle so when you looked at it it looked fine ,I went to adjust it and it didn't feel rite so I grabbed it with pliers to check it and it came out, replaced both cables runs like a raped ape again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts