Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 07 M1000 162 have 300 miles on it. It runs excellent, but the belt is starting to slip. It acts like the belt is too long or to hard. Machine is stock. Anybody got any ideas???

Thanks,

·
Registered
795 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (acm1000 @ Jan 1 2007, 03:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I have an 07 M1000 162 have 300 miles on it. It runs excellent, but the belt is starting to slip. It acts like the belt is too long or to hard. Machine is stock. Anybody got any ideas???

Thanks,[/b]
Start with giving your clutches a good cleaning.
See if ity still happens after that.
I clean my clutches about every second ride, or roughly 100 to 150 miles.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have cleaned clutch often. Seams to happen when first starting in morning, belt slips when unloading and firt few starts. Belt can be spun by hand on clutches. Dealer gave me updated belts no. 0627-060 the machine came with 0627-046 belt. I still think machine is geared to high.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Was the other way around for me my sled had 060 that was too narrow causing problem the dealer give me the 046 and it solve my problem. Was told that the factory put on the wrong belt in the first place.

·
Registered
11 Posts
My M1000 162 seems to slip or maybe bog when driving it off the trailer. I have about 400 miles on it. The belt still looks new and I haven't cleaned my clutches or anything.

·
Registered
795 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Black Cross 1000 @ Jan 2 2007, 06:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Was the other way around for me my sled had 060 that was too narrow causing problem the dealer give me the 046 and it solve my problem. Was told that the factory put on the wrong belt in the first place.[/b]
Same here, I have the 046 and it does not slip at all.
I wonder if you maybe glazed the belt somehow acm, and now it slips ???
I so far am very impressed by the clutching in my M1000 :beer_cheers:

·
Registered
69 Posts
The M7 clutches had a srew you could turn to add pressure to your rear spring on the helix as the belt broke in but I don't know why you can't adjust the 1000 in this way we have replaced the end of the helix with one off an old M7 clutch and as we break in a belt we adjust this scew it works great and also make it easier to make clutch adjustments and reclutch (springs) on the sled.

·
Registered
795 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Schneehagen @ Jan 3 2007, 09:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
The M7 clutches had a srew you could turn to add pressure to your rear spring on the helix as the belt broke in but I don't know why you can't adjust the 1000 in this way we have replaced the end of the helix with one off an old M7 clutch and as we break in a belt we adjust this scew it works great and also make it easier to make clutch adjustments and reclutch (springs) on the sled.[/b]
I added a shim to mine to get it correct....it came set to low from the factory.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Problem cured. Mcflying had the cure, he suggested I add a shim to the driven clutch to space the belt up higher in the clutch. I went to the dealer, he had no books on the 07's, so I built a shim to put in the clutch and it works perfectly.

Thanks to all of you for your help.

·
Registered
23 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dirtyoz @ Jan 6 2007, 10:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I havent took my clutch apart yet on my m1000. What are the dimensions of the shim you built acm100?[/b]

Your dealer should have shims to set your deflection. They are the same for all DD secondary's
.030,.060,.090 in thickness.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts