Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the seat on my 06 m5 is way to low for me. is there any options to raise the seat with out having to by a boss seat. prefer not to spend that kind of money

·
Registered
550 Posts
I think you can put a crossfire seat on an M sled but I'm not 100% positive. There was a thread about it here not too long ago.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I noticed that was a problem for me too. After researching all the forums I could find it sounds like I will pony up the big money for a Boss seat. It's higher, weighs less, and doesn't force your manhood and knees into the tank and cowling. I'll wait until summer because I hear they lack in promt shipments.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Here was the thread I was talking about. I guess its not exactly what you were looking for but one of the guys does mention that it will work to put a crossfire seat on an M series sled. Take it for what its worth.Click me

·
Registered
795 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (grizzlyadams73 @ Jan 21 2007, 03:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
the seat on my 06 m5 is way to low for me. is there any options to raise the seat with out having to by a boss seat. prefer not to spend that kind of money[/b]
An upholstery shop should be able to raise it and cover it in any colour you like for a custom look.

And the price is about 1/5 or maybe 1/4 of a new boss seat, and no fit problems that boss is famous for either.

·
Registered
324 Posts
do you guys really sit on the seat when you ride :lol: have ridden a couple of sleds with the taller boss seat and it sure does make it a lot harder to jump from side to side, guess it depends on your riding style. seems i'm standing all day looking for any little spot i can hit along the way. find myself only sitting on the rip back to the truck hoping we don't run out of gas because we played a little too long! have seen the crossfire seat thread, seem to remember the seat was like $475, ouch, who ever got people to believe a $100 seat is worth $500, oh yeah it was boss!!! would keep an eye on ebay or contact al's snowmobile and see if you can get a used one for a little more down to earth price. or like posted above have your local shop set you up with a much cheaper set up. have thought about taking mine in and having them put lighter foam in the back half of the seat, never sit that far back and man the seat is heavy!

·
Registered
324 Posts
just checked ebay, theres an 06 crossfire seat ends in 1 day 18 hours, price right now is $52.50. sounds like the way to go. save yourself some serious coin, do the guys at boss really need another prevost motorhome anyway :super_happy:

·
Registered
795 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (89sandman @ Jan 24 2007, 01:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
do you guys really sit on the seat when you ride :lol: have ridden a couple of sleds with the taller boss seat and it sure does make it a lot harder to jump from side to side, guess it depends on your riding style. seems i'm standing all day looking for any little spot i can hit along the way. find myself only sitting on the rip back to the truck hoping we don't run out of gas because we played a little too long! have seen the crossfire seat thread, seem to remember the seat was like $475, ouch, who ever got people to believe a $100 seat is worth $500, oh yeah it was boss!!! would keep an eye on ebay or contact al's snowmobile and see if you can get a used one for a little more down to earth price. or like posted above have your local shop set you up with a much cheaper set up. have thought about taking mine in and having them put lighter foam in the back half of the seat, never sit that far back and man the seat is heavy![/b]
Sandman, I agree 100% with the seat interfering with my riding to.
I had a taller than stock boss seat on my 900 cat, and it was in my way as i tried to go from side to side as i rode.
The M sleds have fairly tall seats stock, and any taller i feel would hinder my riding.
Mind you i only sit about 20% of the time, and stand the other 80%.

·
Registered
88 Posts
My Arctic Cat dealer is seeing if they fit. I'll get back to this thread and let everyone know.

·
Registered
88 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MarCat @ Jan 24 2007, 12:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
My Arctic Cat dealer is seeing if they fit. I'll get back to this thread and let everyone know.[/b]
They fit. I'm going down after work and try it out. He said it feels better than the M seat.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MarCat @ Jan 24 2007, 01:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MarCat @ Jan 24 2007, 12:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My Arctic Cat dealer is seeing if they fit. I'll get back to this thread and let everyone know.[/b]
They fit. I'm going down after work and try it out. He said it feels better than the M seat.
[/b][/quote]

check out the pink crossfire there building while your there. buddy was telling me about it this morning.

might be there myself after work to give bob hell

·
Registered
88 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MarCat @ Jan 24 2007, 01:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MarCat @ Jan 24 2007, 12:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/b][/quote]

It fit. It's not flat but we'll take it for a test spin. They are a fraction of the Boss seats so I have to give it a try.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
broke down and bought a new crossfire seat. what a difference. it is much more comfortable ride now. seat was only about$250 bucks.

anyone want to buy a seat?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts