Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, i'm a new member... so hello.

I have an 02 Arctic Cat Mountain Cat. Just today, it started bogging out when i gave it gas. It idled fine, but as soon as I gave it gas it bogged out and wanted to stall. I thought it was the plugs, they were changed, and it's doing the same thing. If you let it sit for a couple minutes, and start it, it works perfectly for about 100 yards, then starts bogging out again. What could this be?

Thanks.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Sounds like the same thing I had with my 1996 zrt 600, did you try to unplug your TSS switch?

·
Registered
408 Posts
My sled did this today right after I put gas in it, I was worried, the thing didn't even have enough power to climb a hill, bogging and I had to run along side it and help push it. 4 other sleds of my buddies stopped at the same store to fill with gas and there sleds all did the same thing. I said, is there that much water in their gas? I poured a whole bottle of dry gas in it, left it idling for 10 minutes hopped on, it acted a little funny for 5 minutes an then was fine. I talked to my uncle, he siad everyone has been having problems with water in their gas from them this year. So try what I did, could be something simple like that, my sled would idle beautifully, and then when i hit it, it would bog and not even move. Try this first, its quick and easy and could be a simple solution to a pain in the butt problem.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Alright, thanks for the help. What's involved in removing the TSS switch? And why would this cause it? Thanks again.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So it's not the TSS switch, or the bushing in the throttle, and the cables not sticking, or any of that. My headlight started going all wacky when i was working on it. I unplugged the voltage regulator and it worked for about 20 mins then started again. The voltage regulator is cracked, so i'm hoping this is the problem... thanks for the help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts