Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased an 2012 m1100 turbo sno pro with the 162 track. I have installed a boondocker ez jacker 1.9 and mbrp muffler on it. The thing is a monster of a sled but the max rpms are 8200 to 8300. I have been looking at some speedwerx clutch kits and I was not sure if I should just get a pre made kit or kinda build a kit that is made more for my sled at the altitude that I am riding. The sled should be putting out about 230 hp and I do most of my riding at 7000 to 10000 ft. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Did you reprogram your emc box? Also with ur muffler u have to get the 3" header for it to do any good. The aftermarket muffler is 3", the stock header is 2.5", it does nothing without the header . The monster is a 4 stroke which is way different than a 2 stroke and rmps you really don't need to worry about elevation cause they don't loose horsepower with elevation like 2a strokes do. Also change out ur rubber charge tubes to aluminum. Then you'll be looking at 230 to 240 horsepower. These things I did to mine and I really saw a huge difference. Where I believe its running 240ish horsepower now.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yes I am stock on clutching. Something wasn't right when I first got mine. But with the secondary I added shims to to close the distance so the belt would ride higher. This then gave it better out of the hole (still 4 stroke turbo lag) and better back shift when climbing. Well sure about back shift but it seemed to climb better.
Look to see where your belt rides on the secondary should be around 1/8"-3/16"
high

The best things that improved my sled.
1. Emc reprogram.
2. combination 3"header, 3" ez flow muffler
3. Aluminum Charge tube. The rubber swell with all that heat and air being pushed through.

Do those 2things more and u'll see big difference.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.