Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
if you like hitting bumps and jumps and the whooped out sections of trail go for it . you wont regret it .

Attachments

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (njrextreme @ Dec 18 2009, 11:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Save the $ and put a tsl skid in. Your thunder cat should have it. Spend some $ on better shocks.[/b]
yes the tcat has the original skid with ACT shocks in place of the SS shocks that it came with. They could be revalved to make them stiffer, and that skid would probably end up in my 440. I like the spring set up in the M-10/12, opposed to the AC springs. I'm wondering how these suspensions handle in cornering, launching, and bumps, compared to a well setup AC skid

·
Registered
184 Posts
I think that the M-10 setup right is very nice, it hits the bumps very good, I think that the m10 suspension is a very nice comfortable ride, and I do alot of off trail riding with mine. Launching it is good. Corning is very good if you do the AGLT Mod its even better.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
AGLT is not really an option with the 2002 tcat. there is a M-12 available I'm wondering if this may raise the ride height too much for higher speed cornering. I assume that the M-12 rides higher than the M-10

·
Registered
184 Posts
Oh sorry about that. I am really not to familier with the M12 at all but for high speed cornering if you set the skid height to the lowest setting it may work. I know that the M10 did set my sled up higher then stock.

·
Registered
390 Posts
With the amount of "Setin" on these things I don't think the ride height would be that much different than a stocker. You here guys that love em and other guys not so much, don't know what to think. I have one at home (M10) that I might put in my T-Cat if I ever get around to it. I think they might be the ticket on older sleds, the newer ones have caught up some from the factory. (I'm talkin FSeries and the newer Poo's). I think proper setup is very important on these things. My son rode one in a 97 XC 700 and said it was "much better" than stock as far as trail and bumps were concerned. I rode it too but just on smooth trails and couldn't tell any difference. Didn't spend enough time on it to tell anything. I just don't know. Peace, Beeler

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
the final ride hight isnt much different than stock with the rider on it and set up properly . also any percieved speed lost in the corners wil be gained back and then some in the bumps . if all you do is ride smooth twisty trails then you would prolly be wasting your money . bumps are where this skid shines

1 - 11 of 11 Posts