Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

Lynx vs. Lnyx 2

7K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  guitargoddess21 
#1 ·
Thinking of buying first vintage sled. Looking at early 70's Lynx 2 with 440. See some early 70's that are lynx with 340 and does not say Lynx 2. Was wondering if Lynx 2 is a 2 up model or does this just mean it has 440 or both. Would appreciate an info Thanks

#4 ·
I think the Lynx II was only in 1974 and was used as a model to get rid of inventory parts (I understand they did that back then as every model was similar but a little different and that was the last year of the square front)...It was before my time, but we had one as a kid.

#7 ·
The Lynx models for 1974 were marked Lynx I, which was a 73 Puma chassis with the 292 Kawasaki Single, or wankel engine. The Lynx II was a 72 Cheetah Chassis with a 340 or 440 Kawasaki F/C twin. I have a Lynx I, and it has a full cleated track like a 72 Puma, and not sure which model Lynx II, but one had full cleats, and the other had 2/3rd cleated track.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.