Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm stumped, Somebody please guide me in the right direction. After I start my 74 Lynx I (292 Kaw) and warm it up, it runs great for 15 minutes and when I say it runs great i mean it runs like a rocket ship (44mph). but then it starts to bog bad when coming out ot corners and at top end, it is very random, it doesn't seem to happen the same way or time twice. I thinks is running out of fuel but I don't know. It's very strange that it runs good for 15 minutes then starts to run bad, it kind of rules out pluged fuel lines or filter, umpulse line must be working or it wouldn't run at all. Could it be the coil????
Please help quick, thank you

·
Registered
268 Posts
Probably floats are sticking or one is got a hole in it or a piece of junk floating around in your carb plugging a passage maybe.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did a complete carb rebuild and it runs great again. it appears that when the motor got hot the fuel pump would stop pumping. All is well again.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Son of a [email protected]#$ the little 292 is doing it again, the thing runs great for 15 minutes then it starts to bog bad when coming out ot corners and at top end, it is very random, it doesn't seem to happen the same way or time twice. Can a bad coil cause this?? Please help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts