Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does it ride more like an F? Bottom easy? I'm looking for rough trail comfort. Thanks for any reply.

·
Registered
28 Posts
My wife and I both have the 2013 F1100 LXR's. They ride nice, and yes, they will bottem out once and awhile when you hit a rather large bump, bear in mind that I weight 240 and have not changed any of the settings from the factory.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
I have a 2012 XF1100 LXR it has a different suspension than the F models, no torsion springs or coupling. I was initially unimpressed with the ride, it would bottom too easily, and if you tightened up the springs to stop that, it was harsh on the stutter bumps. I installed the Hygear linkage mod, which made a big difference, much nicer on all kinds of bumps now.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
On my 2010 Crossfire SP I investigated and rode all the options (including the Burant re-valve) and ended up putting a 2009 torsion suspension on it. I wont have that option (I believe) with a XF. I did not ride one with the High Gear linkage rod. Do you think it brought the comfort level up to par with the torsion?

·
Registered
149 Posts
My 2013 XF LXR seems to me to be fine when I am alone. I have not ridden it hard enough to bottom it out. But I do not have a point of reference, I have not ridden any other models.

But... I have added the 2 up seat. My wife's comment was, "Doesn't this have any suspension?" It bottoms quite regularly with her on the back.

I will start a new thread with my question.

Greg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts