Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey

Was out at my local dealer the other week to grab a tube of grease. They didn't have the low-temp grease but did have the AC ATV high-performance grease and said it'd be fine for my sled. I dunno

Am i ok to use this?.....or should it be low-temp grease only?

thanx

:nosnow: so beer-sign

·
Registered
524 Posts
My first preference is low tem grease and if that is not avaliable I'll use what ever I can get my hands on....any grease is better then no grease...you should be fine for a while

·
Registered
703 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nunavut_Crossfire @ Jan 4 2007, 11:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
My first preference is low tem grease and if that is not avaliable I'll use what ever I can get my hands on....any grease is better then no grease...you should be fine for a while[/b]
Stick to one type of grease ONLY. Its not a good idea to throw different types of greese together. They can break down coagulate and cause more harm than good sometimes.

White lithium greese is what is in there from the factory and is an awesome low temp, greese. You could try a auto parts store for it too, but i seem to have a hard time getting it from anyone one other than a Cat dealer myself. Heard Napa carries the white lithium stuff in a cartrage though... i just dont have one anywhere near me.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I HAVE BEEN USING LUCAS RED N TACKY FOR YEARS, WORKS GREAT, GOOD FOR LIKE -40. ANY ADVANCED AUTO PARTS SELLS IT. :sno: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
691 Posts
Lucas or Kendall are both awesome low temp. grease.....Low temp. grease works miracles expecially when there's a bit of water....hardly goes in the bearings at all.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey

cool......thanx for tha info.... Rockerdude .......gonna look into getting that kendall or lucas grease..... :chug:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shadow44 @ Jan 4 2007, 04:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Well what ever you use wont help you beat me![/b]
:rofl:

·
Registered
301 Posts
Hey, buy the good stuff...after all, it's going in my gun!

oh ya, I'm still gonna beat ya....if we get snow and a frozen lake!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts