Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys , looking for a bit of help here. I have a 2010 trv 700 that has a low rpm sputter, it doesnt sputter while idling , only when bike is kinda mid range low rpm. Its doesnt flash any codes, ive changed spark plug , flushed the efi system with sea foam, changed flange, Battery and checked fuses. Its seems to me like it may be drawing air somewheres, thought it was a fuel issue but i can start mid hill and she doesnt miss a beat, any help be greatly appreciated , thanks in adavance

·
Administrator
37,173 Posts
Is your TPS set correctly? Reset your IAC.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its something that came on all of a sudden, havent touched the tps, and i would think if i did have an issue with that it would be on top end well? Also i do i reset iac?

·
Administrator
37,173 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
doorfx,

I thought I saw a post somewhere that you could use a paperclip for the jumper. And if that is correct what pins or sockets do you stick it into. I found the diagnostic plug next to the fuse box.

I have a 550H1 2009 TRV that has a fuel problem. I can start it with starter fluid but it not getting gas. I checked the fuel pump at the filter and it is getting 40 PSI but drops off fast after cranking for a few seconds.

I think I need to try what you recommended above next.

Skippy

·
Administrator
37,173 Posts

·
Administrator
37,173 Posts
You have a pump or pressure regulator issue.

·
Registered
9 Posts
doorfx,

where is the pressure regulator?

Should I check pressure at the fuel rail? nothing but a hose between that and the fuel filter.

Thanks!

Skippy

·
Administrator
37,173 Posts
Pressure reg. Is part of the pump assembly in the tank. You need a constant 43 psi.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Door fax,

I think it is the pump. When ignition is turned on it only goes to 4psi not 40. Then shuts off after about 5 seconds and drops to zero. When I start cranking it the pressure goes back to 4 psi with only a slight mist out of the injector.

I was mid reading my 35 year old fuel pressure gauge that goes up to 10 psi. Not to 100! I will borrow one from the auto parts store tomorrow to verify and then order a pump.
Thanks!
skippy

·
Registered
9 Posts
doorfx,

Verified it is the fuel pump. Gotta loaner fuel pressure gauge from O'Reilly's and it was only 4 psi at the fuel rail connector. I will order a new one asap. I did find out Arctic Cat no longer makes the fuel pumps for 2009 550H1and they are out of stock. Gotta go to an aftermarket to get one.

Thanks for the help!

Skippy

·
Administrator
37,173 Posts
No worries ,good to hear.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Help and update!

I pulled the fuel pump assembly and I found that the pump spacer/seal was bad. The spacer/seal is on the top of the fuel pump output (pressure side). Mine is torn and the new pump does not have one with it. I bet the spacer was leaking and keeping the system from pressuring up to 43psi. I would rather send the $84 fuel pump back, once I can find a spacer/seal to try the old one. This is the pressure side so I need a good seal.

Help needed! Does anyone know where to find the spacer/seal?
AC does not sell them nor have a part number for them. I will try to jerry rig something up if they are not available.

Thanks!

Skippy

·
Registered
9 Posts
Follow up on low fuel pressure - only 4 psi! The 550H1 screams again with pressure back above 40psi!

Special thanks to doorfx and ArcticFrost for all the help!

I had 3 problems in my fuel system, all in the fuel assembly unit. Problem 1) the spacer/seal on top of the fuel pump (pressure side) that goes into the plastic assembly unit was torn in half. I replaces it with a grommet at the bottom, a quarter inch piece of hose and a conical washer at the top. Jammed it into the assembly and it appears not to leak. Problem 2) The screen attached to the bottom of the pump was dry rotted and had fallen off the pump and into the gas tank. It appears this happen long ago. I put a new one on and cleaned the tank out. Problem 3) The fuel regulator failed. It sits above the fuel pump in the assembly and regulates the 43 psi into the fuel system. Once the pressure is above 43 it releases fuel back into the tank to maintain the 43psi pressure. I had to fill a mayonaise jar with gas and run the pump to see and find this problem. Replace the regulator.

Costs: I bought about $5 worth of washers, grommets to figure out how to replace the spacer/seal. I spent $84 on Amazon to buy the pump, regulator, screen. It did not come with a spacer/seal, I could of bought the regulator for $30 and the screen for $15 but I had already ordered the pump kit. I did not use the pump and will keep it for a spare. The first pump I bought would not fit my 2009 550 H1 it was listed wrong on the Amazon website and on the Quantum fuel systems website. After talking to customer service they had another one that would fit my ATV which Amazon's website listed for Polaris ATVs! Maybe it fits them too!

Now time to get into the mountains!

·
Administrator
37,173 Posts
Good to hear !

1 - 20 of 20 Posts