Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my bike tore apart for the past month or so. I am replacing the wheel bearings, air box with a new snorkel design, and some parts in the carb. I went from running 28" bugs to 4 27x12" zillas with spacers. I have yet to try the zillas b/c all of my parts have not come in yet. I have a pretty good feeling that I need to do some clutch work to the bike to help pull the tires in the thick stuff.

EPI and Dalton do not list any kits for my 2000 model bike. I was hoping to raise my engagement RPM by a few hundred and maybe change the rollers so that the bike would pull better in the midrange. I am not at all worried about top end b/c the bike only did around 40 with the bugs. So, I figure it will only do about 35 with the zillas and clutch mods.

1. What spring would I need to run in the primary?
2. Would I need to change any of the internal springs in the clutch?
3. What is the stock weight of a roller in my bike?
4. What weight roller would I need to run in order to increase low
and mid range power?
5. Would I need to change the secondary spring? If so, what color spring
will fit and be appropriate for my application?

Any other suggestions are more than welcome. Thanks

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
You'll want the full clutch kit, stiffer secondary springs, lighter rollers, and the little springs in the wet clutch that will raise the engagement rpm.

I believe EPI has a utility kit for 27-28" tires and what ever elevation your at for your bike. Give them a call.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I called them before and they said that they did not offer a kit for a 2000 model...

·
Registered
674 Posts
PM cattrv06sable he and ODB should be able to help ya....

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I talked to him and he said an Extreme kit was $125 shipped. The kit came with just rollers. I can get the rollers from EPI for $50 shipped. I tried to find out the difference in his rollers and EPI and he would not tell me.

I just want someone to tell me what I need to buy in order to help pull my zillas. What rollers, springs, and all of that stuff.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.