Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 08 650 H1 I had it running and walked away and when I came back it was off and nothing on the display and does not crank over no power except when I turn the key over to the furthest postion the headlights do come on. Any ideas??

·
Administrator
40,682 Posts
Check your main fuses under the seat.

·
Administrator
40,682 Posts
You have a bare wire somewhere start looking around the column then along the frame on the right side. Could also be a loose or corroded connection

·
Administrator
40,682 Posts
650 doesn't have a horn???

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts
How did you wire it up? I also added a horn on my machine but I tapped into the accessory port that is located in the steering column. If you tapped into the ignition wire, that could be why your blowing the ignition fuse.

Mike

Figured it out was wire that ran to the horn was messed up

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It did have a horn but I removed it because it stopped working and I didn't have time to put a new one in. It was wired up by a previous owner and was tied into the ignition switch and I guess I had a new switch for the horn wired up wrong and was making the fuse blow

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts
In the steering area, there is a two wire plug that is for accessories and it is also switched on/off with the ignition. It is meant for hand warmers and/or winch wiring. It uses a common two wire trailer plug. I wired my horn using that circuit.

There is also usually another one of these plugs in the rear near the taillight, this one is usually always powered. Its a good place to connect a battery tender.

Mike

1 - 10 of 10 Posts