Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just did my post-trip inspection and discovered that the nose cone/lift handles in front were really loose and wobbly. I looked underneath and discovered that two bolts were missing - must have vibrated out or weren't too tight to begin with. Its an easy fix, just need to get the right bolts from the dealer and use some Loctite.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Ohiosledder: Noticed the same thing on my sled. Just one bolt missing on the left side. The bad thing is that you have to take the air shoot from the air box out to get at the nut, to do a re-install. I am sure I can figure it out, but don't want to. Sick of repairing and not riding, a brand new machine. Let the pieces start falling off. Let everybody know what a piece of crap it is!

Redd

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Redd: Well, I didn't look at it that close to realize it would be that involved, but if that's the case, I'll just take it to the dealer and let them handle it as a warranty item (unless they somehow wiggle out of it). Thanks for the info. Or, like you said, maybe I'll just let it fall off.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Ohio: Sorry about the bad attitude, but it just seems to be one thing after the other. I guess its got me down a bit.

Redd

·
Administrator
2,582 Posts
no need to remove anything, just use an open end wrench and reach in by the lower a arm. use blue locktite when you put it together. I'v noticed them loose on quite a few new units, and now locktite and tighten them as part of PDI.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.