Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my secondary clutch off today to clean it because i think my belt is done and the sheive faces look like it hade been slipping. so i take the secondary apart and notice a lot of play with the bushing that goes on the shaft. take a look at the pics and let me know what you think? any part numbers for a rebuild kit on the secondary? also which way do i pound the bushing out?

[attachment=59895:DSC01437.JPG][attachment=59898:DSC01438.JPG]
[attachment=59899:DSC01439.JPG]

you can see the play in the bushing
[attachment=59901:DSC01442.JPG]

Attachments

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i had no problem removing them with the right sized socket and a hammer. what does the tool look like, dont want to hurt the bushings when putting them in

·
Administrator
20,024 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mcc-bri @ Jan 8 2007, 11:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
i had no problem removing them with the right sized socket and a hammer. what does the tool look like, dont want to hurt the bushings when putting them in[/b]
they have a ''stepped'' lip to push on the outer diameter of bushings, while the smaller diameter portion goes into the bushing to prevent collapsing it

if you don't have something like this,, then use a press with the socket instead of a hammer,, less likely to damage the new ones,, just use care

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ill pressthem in with the hydrolic press at school, thanks for the help

on another note has anyone doubled up the bearing in the secondary clutch sheive? im pritty sure we did this on our lynx but cant remember.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts