Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm currently riding a 2018 ZR 8000 SP 129 which I absolutely love. However, I have 7 and 9 year old kids which makes it difficult to go riding since they can't legally ride on their own and riding 2up on my sled sucks.

The newest Panteras have caught my eye because it looks like the 2up portion of the seat quickly comes off turning it basically into an XF? Those of you who own Panteras, how do you like them overall?

What engine sizes were available? (in the last couple years).

They seem to be extremely difficult to find for sale and it really sucks that Cat stopped making them and now only offer the lame little Blast in a 2up!

·
Registered
2006 Polaris Fusion 600, 2021 Arctic Cat Norseman 8000X
8 Posts
The Norseman became the new do all style sled for Cat. I bought mine last Mar. and haven't had a chance to ride it yet. I too bought mine for the 2-up capability. The seat comes off with 4 bolts. It should make for a decent touring/trail sled. If I could've found a used Pantera in good shape I probably would've went that route, but I found a deal I couldn't pass up with a new Cat dealer relatively close to me.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I had the 2015 Pantera Limited and currently own a 2019 Pantera 6000. I really like my 2019. Power is similar, fuel range is very close (Limited had two tanks = 54L, 6000 has one tank = 51.5 litres) but the fun factor of the 2 stroke is sooo much more than the 4 stroke. Not all my riding is groomed trail so weight is a big factor. The newer cab style has much less buffeting behind the windshield. Had cold weather starting issues and valve clearance issues with the 4 stroke. Seat comes off in about 15 seconds and the cargo cover looks sleek and no one knows it's a 2-up with the seat off. Fiberglass overload springs make carrying any passenger a breeze.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Loved all my Pantera's, the last one...2019 6000 was a great machine, although I put some time and money upgrading the shocks, 500 bucks made a huge difference. A true do all machine, 1up, 2up, 3up, good trail machine, good in deep snow, and good fuel range.
Plant Snow Tree Slope Cottage

Snow Automotive tire Nature Branch Tire

Snow Slope Tree Geological phenomenon Freezing

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Picture frame Floor

1 - 6 of 6 Posts