Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at riding from Selkirk to Rennie then up through the whiteshell over to 7sisters then back to Selkirk in one day....Looks like it would be a 8-10 hour trip. If anyone has done this trip could they give me some tips on where the gas stations are open along the way....Thx

·
Registered
91 Posts
Which route according to the map are you planning on heading from Selkirk? Through Beausejour? Oakbank? Or are you going south through Richer and up and across that way? Or across through Anola. Obviously the towns have gas stations so no problems there. Rennie has a gas station, but last I remember it's only regular gas and not supreme. Then Seven sister's there's a station. You'll should make it from Seven Sisters to Selkirk on the one tank, but can always top up in Beausejour (don't trust Seddon's too much as they close early evening), or Lockport.

You posted this awhile ago now. Did you take the whiteshell trip yet?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have not gone yet, I was going to head down 44 from lockport to the deadend at Beausejour, then hang a right there and then left at where 44 starts going east again and take this all the way to where it comes to an end where you can go north to 7sisters or south to 15. I would be going south here until I hit 15 where I would head east towards Rennie. This is where I would start heading north through the whiteshell staying on the main trails to 7sisters. I would then head up to Lac du Bonnet then west down 317 to 59 highway and then south back to Lockport. I have no clue where gas stations would be open along this route or what time they would be open until on a Sunday eve... My 98zr600efi is a gas guzzling beast for some reason so gas stations are a concern. If its not cold I get worse gas mileage lucky to get an hour out of a tank of gas.

·
Premium Member
8,153 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (The Flying Pumpkin @ Feb 22 2007, 01:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Which route according to the map are you planning on heading from Selkirk? Through Beausejour? Oakbank? Or are you going south through Richer and up and across that way? Or across through Anola. Obviously the towns have gas stations so no problems there. Rennie has a gas station, but last I remember it's only regular gas and not supreme. Then Seven sister's there's a station. You'll should make it from Seven Sisters to Selkirk on the one tank, but can always top up in Beausejour (don't trust Seddon's too much as they close early evening), or Lockport.

You posted this awhile ago now. Did you take the whiteshell trip yet?[/b]

Nope was in Rennie at New Years, filled up with Supreme gas.
Should be a fun ride never the less. Plenty of gas stations along the way, but like FP mentioned the smaller towns close at 11 pm.
Being in Selkirk myself kinda sucks having 1 station open 24 hours.

·
Registered
91 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (undersc0re @ Feb 25 2007, 01:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I have not gone yet, I was going to head down 44 from lockport to the deadend at Beausejour, then hang a right there and then left at where 44 starts going east again and take this all the way to where it comes to an end where you can go north to 7sisters or south to 15. I would be going south here until I hit 15 where I would head east towards Rennie. This is where I would start heading north through the whiteshell staying on the main trails to 7sisters. I would then head up to Lac du Bonnet then west down 317 to 59 highway and then south back to Lockport. I have no clue where gas stations would be open along this route or what time they would be open until on a Sunday eve... My 98zr600efi is a gas guzzling beast for some reason so gas stations are a concern. If its not cold I get worse gas mileage lucky to get an hour out of a tank of gas.[/b]
You know what would flow way better for you? From Lockport, you have two options.

Option 1: Go east along 44 (groomed trail) to Beausejour, where you'll turn south and head into town. Top up with gas. Continue south down along 302 (groomed trail). You'll just past Vivian across hwy 15. The trail will then go east and west. You continue East and keep going until you get to Whitemouth. You'd have to decide whether you want to do that or not as it's a longer break from gas stations. Top up with gas in Whitemouth. Continue South on the groomed trail through Elma all the way to Rennie.

Option 2: From Lockport, go east a short ways on 44, then turn south on 206 (groomed trail) to Oakbank. Fill up with fuel in Oakbank. From there you'll continue to travel south a short ways to power lines, then turn East all the way to #12. Continue South along 12 (groomed trail) to Anola. Fill up with Gas. From Anola continue south about 4 km's where you'll then turn east along the power lines (groomed trail) all the way to Whitemouth. Fill up with gas, then continue South on the groomed trail through Elma all the way to Rennie.

Option 2 makes the gap between Whitemouth and the previous gas station smaller for you. At least this way you're on Provincial groomed trails the whole way and not ditch banging as much as you'd be going from Beausejour to Seddon's corner and where ever from there.

The guys and I are planning a Falcon Lake run hopefully this coming weekend if one of their machines is out of the shop and we're planning on going through Anola and across that way. But we're also located not far from Anola.

·
Registered
49 Posts
i went from lacdubonnet to seven sister rennie and back really nice ride prbly bout 150miles thers a gas station in seven sisters when u come across the dam just follow the trail straght in and gotta say try the resturaunt in rennie across from gas station really good food!! :eek:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts