Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Real world use of aftermarket cans on the M1000....if you have some please let me know.
I want as little weight as possible, as my new M1000 is a front heavy pig !
But I will not tolerate poor running, or loss of HP either.
Also consider fit, and finish.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Have you heard about the white lightening can, it was designed by an artic cat sponsored racer if you want info on it e-mail me and I will hunt the guy down [email protected]. it is supposed to shed alot of weight and lessen the restriction on the motor in turn adding hp but it would be better to talk to them contact me.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Also are you having problems in the deep snow when you say it is a pig, or are you finding it is difficult to manuver in any condition.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Schneehagen @ Jan 7 2007, 08:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Also are you having problems in the deep snow when you say it is a pig, or are you finding it is difficult to manuver in any condition.[/b]
It is just front heavy overall.
It wants to land nose down off jumps, if going downhill i need to keep it pinned or it dives like a submarine....even climbing the ski lift is minimal.
I am used to my liteweight, easy to toss around M7....the M1000 feels like a diesel pickup in comparison.
The stock skis are crap to, so i switched them over to MODS, and it corners somewhat better, and sidehills in powder a bit better now...but it really needs about 100 pounds taken off the nose.
I hit it with a 60 HP shot of NOS this weekend , and it climbs okay on the button now, but dang it is nose down a lot.
I honestly am rather sad I bought it now that I have it.
It runs okay.
Just too much of a heavy pig is all.
Thanks for getting me any info you can.
I tried your email but got no success.
I can be reached at [email protected]

Thanks

Marty

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
OUr can is 10-11 lbs lighter than stock, no perfromance loss or gain, it has worked on 100 % of all sleds we have them on so far. We tested them for a month on the dyno and then for a month in the feild before we started to build them. We cannot build them fast enough. Bottom line is they work.

Plus they sound exactly the same as stock. So we will be able to ride in the future too.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Speedwerx Inc. @ Jan 8 2007, 04:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
OUr can is 10-11 lbs lighter than stock, no perfromance loss or gain, it has worked on 100 % of all sleds we have them on so far. We tested them for a month on the dyno and then for a month in the feild before we started to build them. We cannot build them fast enough. Bottom line is they work.

Plus they sound exactly the same as stock. So we will be able to ride in the future too.[/b]

Thanks.

Do you have a website link?
Or pics and pricing?

:beer_cheers:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Marty,

I am sorry you are so unhappy with your 1000? I on the other hand am totally impressed with the ride on the m1000, I have found it to be extremley rider freindly in the powder, easy to roll around and have not had any trouble coming down hill with nose diving be it fresh snow or crossing trenches cut by 1000 skidoo's or any 800 i have put it against. Also jumps like crazy, and that was my biggest concern going to the 162 track. Anyways compared to any sled out there i think the new M's are the best riding sleds out there!

I'm going with the speedwerx single, y pipe and can, with Dobek TFI, 60 h.p. shot of the fun stuff. CHEERS

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Smalltown @ Jan 9 2007, 07:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Marty,

I am sorry you are so unhappy with your 1000? I on the other hand am totally impressed with the ride on the m1000, I have found it to be extremley rider freindly in the powder, easy to roll around and have not had any trouble coming down hill with nose diving be it fresh snow or crossing trenches cut by 1000 skidoo's or any 800 i have put it against. Also jumps like crazy, and that was my biggest concern going to the 162 track. Anyways compared to any sled out there i think the new M's are the best riding sleds out there!

I'm going with the speedwerx single, y pipe and can, with Dobek TFI, 60 h.p. shot of the fun stuff. CHEERS[/b]
Small town, sorry if i sound like I am just bashing my new M1000.
It has great suspension.....i just fly over the rough stuff.
Lots of torque, but not as snappy as i hoped.
It starts easy, and runs good.
Its easy on fuel ad oil.
It just is too front heavy.
And the bars are insanely low.
I wish cat would build mtn sleds that need to be ridden while standing with bars about at least 6 inches taller.
And they left a lot of potential power on the design floor.
I got mine breathing now, and its really gotten a lot more power.
The fit of my hood is a joke though.
Overall its an ok sled.
I was just hoping for a great sled is all.
Remember to i am used to the M7, and nearly anything feels heavy after riding them the past 2 seasons.
And I really screwed up when i bought the 153....i knew better and bought it anyways.
The 162 is far better.
Now I start it on a diet, and all will be good.
I finally have it making good power.
I am guessing in the 250 HP region when on the button.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Speedwerx Inc. @ Jan 8 2007, 04:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Plus they sound exactly the same as stock. So we will be able to ride in the future too.[/b]
On your website i see no pics.
I called and was told they are severely back ordered.
So anyone have any ideas for a good can that I can buy right now?

Thanks

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Speedwerx Inc. @ Jan 9 2007, 05:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
We cannot build them fast enough right now. Carefull not all cans perform as good as the stock one ?[/b]
I called today to order one.
But with a 2 week shipping time from the USA, and a few more weeks for any to be ready.
I am looking at likely 5 weeks wait the way the guy spoke on the phone.
I was hoping to order today, and see it within say 5 to 7 days.....if you suddenly get a bunch let me know.
I will take one if i can get it now.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bikeman @ Jan 10 2007, 11:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
We hope to have more mufflers ready to ship soon.

Another great mod for the 1000's is our billet head. It'll pick up 8-10 HP through the powerband, we just got some more in today and they're ready to ship!

http://www.bikemanperformance.com

Chris.[/b]
I will call in a day or two and see if they are ready.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (axion68 @ Jan 10 2007, 10:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I've got a few M1000 cans kicking around (white lightning and speedwerx). PM me if you are intersted.[/b]
Sending you a PM in 2 minutes...thanks :beer_cheers:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts