Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys im looking aT GETTING A NEW HCR 1100 anyways im a flat lander that likes to play a lot off trail if you own a hcr how do you like it any problems??just a little worryed about the short cooler in them.Cat happy

·
Registered
536 Posts
Arctic chat seems to be sleeping lately. HCR is expensive unless it has what you need and want. If your looking at changing things go to a sno pro. I put evol R on my 2010 and 2011. HCR only has evols ( not R's ) but you can still do the same adjustments as me, you just can't adjust rebound with a turn of a dial. They work really nice when it comes to adjusting. You can make them xtremely plush or make them hard for big jumps. It has a wider ski stance so more stable but doesn't go on it's side as easy. It has a t-post steering which in my opinion is great.

So in my opinion the HCR is for someone who likes a wider stance for more stability(I like narrow), likes riding hard in the rough, doing a lot of jumping, drops ect., likes the racer look, the HCR is for you. As far as I can see the HCR has T-post and evol on the front that is different over the sno pro. It may have more bracing but I never looked into that. The first HCRs(m-series) had more bracing on the front suspension.(dogbones to contect the a-arms)

Hope this helped.

·
Premium Member
1,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks guys i put in my order for a 2014 which i will mod for me it has the stuff i like so im going to give he a try and yes i know its a mountain sled but i like drift pounding and playing on the creek banks i plan on cutting the track down and adding more to my snow flap to keep things cool pluse im going to run a 2 1/4 stud in the track too . thanks to every one for there input.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hcr

I just hit 300mi on my new 2013 M1100 HCR. At first they are hard to handle, because of their power. The power is second to none. It is kinda like having handle bars on a freight train. I rode a new 13 Summit 800 after a day with mine and it was like a kids toy. Coming off a 900 I thought there wouldnt be a whole lot of difference. Boy was I wrong. It will do anything you ask or wherever you point it to. There is no screaming for air at the top of hills in altitude. I have yet to reach it's limit. When 800's wind out this one will ask for more. HCR is exactly as the name implies. Hill Climb Racer. If you trail ride you will have to throw down ice scratchers. The manual for the sled actually says to. The scratchers work really well too. So no worries there either. It is a very fun sled for super deep powder or big nasty hills. I ride all types of terrain and this sled will do it all. Once you learn it - side hill - carve - climb - you will be in love.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts