Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I've been having some trouble with our 2003 snopro 440 L/C , still in race form running 110 octane. It seems to run pretty rich but especially so on one side. When I use a IR gun and shoot the y pipe one side will be easily 150 degrees hotter than the other and the plug is wet on the cool side. When I swap the entire carb it does follow the carb. It does NOT matter which side the slide itself is on. So I had the carbs ultrasonic cleaned and rebuilt but the problem persisted. Compression is the same 150 on each cylinder, did a leak down test on the entire motor. Found a slight power valve gasket leak on the "rich" side and fixed that. Now it will hold 5psi for hours so I know the motor is good and tight. Reeds are good, coil resistance checks out good, plugs changed multiple times. Before reassembling the motor to see if the slight air leak mattered (which it shouldn't because the problem followed the carb) I checked the carbs again and found that it has 4.0 cutouts on the TMX flatslides and 6FM5-60 needles. The main jets were 285's which seems like a lot of fuel and the pilots are 22.5 (which would make sense since it's a larger cutout correct?) . I'm just wondering if anyone has run this combination before or if I should start looking for the stock 3.5 slide and stock 6FM6-61-4 needle? This is strictly a drag sled, only on grass so far but want to look into doing ice as well. We were running the 285 mains when it was like 60 degrees out which seems way too rich but the racer I bought it from only raced on grass and said "don't touch anything" LOL. I know changing the slide and needle may not help one side running richer than the other but I just feel like I need to start somewhere??? Any help is much appreciated. If you have any advice you don't want to share with the public message me. Thanks!!!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts