Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It came off of a Kawasaki 400 T1A 096536. I have to go back and get the rest of the flanges and brackets tomorrow. Anyone know what it is? Aftermarket I assume. I think I've seen one before but I just don't know where.
Metal

Those things on the stinger are like ball joints that gobetween the pipe and and the flanges on the motor.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Yeah I know what it is. You got yourself a HOOKER!! its a Hooker exhaust system from the 70's. They built aftermarket exhaust systems for sleds. There still in business today they build exhaust stuff for cars. There Logo is I love my hooker header.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
My friend has a Hooker Header on his 73 rupp 295 nitro. I never seen what it looks like. He brings the sled to shows all the time never had the hood open when I been around. But that's a fan cooled motor. I don't know how the flanges and muffler hooks too it. I don't there there's is a muffler think it just goes out on the bottom. I seen a few for sale on ebay they not worth a lot of money. I think you can get them brand new left over stock from Groth products my friend Gary said. Think he gave like $75 they might be more now. I have know idea if it gives it more HP or not. The exhaust stock on a 73 rupp I know was a head of its time. It was just about like a hooker header anyways. It looked like a intestines coiled up. Gave it a neat sounds. I'll dig around see what I can come up with on more info.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
I gots one of them. saving it for a rainy day.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts