Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from Cooke City Montana and the snow out there was amazing! My F7 was stuck quite a bit so I'm wondering what is the longest track kit available to longtrack my 04 F7?

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have an 04 F7 EFI SP and as you can tell by my user name, I too had similar problem last year :D
This past summer I put an extension kit...now it is a 151"...I believe this is the longest for the F7.

[attachment=59987:DCP_0025.JPG]

Attachments

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply Stucky. So how does it compare to a standard track? Does it still trench? Where did you get the kit and what size lug are you running?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Huge difference from the 128...my buddy is no where near as tired at the end of a day as he was last year :D ...It will still trench if you going slower, but not so bad if you're wide open in the powder. I got the kit from my Arctic Cat dealer - my kit was a 128 - 151, I'm not sure if they have one for hte 144 - 151 and I'm running a 1.5 lug.

·
Registered
49 Posts
The 151" looks good on your firecat.
I just got back from Northern Colorado (Rabbit Ears) and needed a longer track. We had fun, but got stuck a half a dozen times. Getting stuck at that elevation in a killer with such little oxygen.
Last year I rode my buddies M7 144, and it is a totally different experience. Wish I could afford one

What did the kit cost, and how long did it take you to install?

·
Registered
27 Posts
FirecatAB,
Right now the weights, springs and helix are all stock...the only adjustment was to tighten the secondary by one notch as max RPM had drpped to 7700...now back up to 7850 - 7900. I am considering an ODS clutch kit, but need to find out from ODS Dan if I will need heavier weights/springs than the standard kit provides. My buddy has a 151 FC too and he was running 76 gram weights in the primary and I would have to check with him on the springs (I know he has stiffer than mine).

JasonLJohnson,
The kit cost $199.00 Canadian from the Arcticcat dealer (marked down from list of $1000 - I think). Then the track cost about $800.00. My buddy and I picked away on it over the summer, but it probably took somewhere around 30 hours...but we could probably do it in 16hrs now that we've done it once. It's really not that complicated.

·
Registered
138 Posts
The front weights are 72grams, and I am running a Black AC Primary Spring ....engages at 4050RPM. I am 40lbs Heaver Than Stucky and like the engagement a little higher.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I had one before I got my M a 03 F7sp 151X2.0. It works alot better then a 128 but still has the problem that when you run out of momentum you dig down but you don't loose momentum as easy. Run a 51 or 49 degree flat helix for better backshift and better belt grip. Cats suggestion on weights work good and the stock springs work great. Suck the limiter strap up for better approach angle and drop brackets will help to. Chop the snowflap off at the bend. As far as the track goes its alot cheaper to go buy a generic 151X15X2.0 2.52 pitch track of which there is alot of good useds ones around and cut it down to a 13.5 thats what I did. A couple TPI valves on the airbox help to when the beak plugs up with snow. Hope that helps.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts