Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my track came in and I thought I was going to be able to get a set of 136 inch rails but I haven't heard back from the person who said they had them so, anyways I have heard talking of the "long legs kit" that would chandy the 8.5 inches of travel to 11 like the new ones correct? Is it true that this kit is no longer made? I am sure it is just basically putting on the suspension arms from the newer suspension isnt it? I am just wondering because i just picked up an awesome 136 inch track for my sled and now I don't know what to do with my rails, the rail extensions from avid-products say they are for an arctic cat but don't give an application. So are they made to work on any arctic cat? I dont get it I guess, could someone please reply to me quickly, my sleds a 96 cougar that I am putting a 136 on and we are getting 20+ inches of snow today here in Maine where I live and I need to get my sled together and see how this 136 goes in the snow. Someone please help me asap thank you so much!!

Chris

·
Registered
345 Posts
The "Long Legs" kit was made from Arctic Cat parts. IIRC, most of the parts were from the rear arms of a zr440. You can put it together yourself. There is a thread on this somewhere on this site.
Most of the guys who have had the kit said they had to run the track very tight or track ratcheting would occur. I don't know if this was on a 121" or 136".
Might be simpler/cheaper to buy a complete 136" skid ?

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yah that is what I am starting to wonder too, maybe I am just going to have to get a newer skid, could upgrade suspension and get 136 inch taken care of at the same time....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts