Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the process of cleaning out the fuel tank I found that the line in the tank was rotted and in pieces at the bottom. I got all of the pieces out including the strainer, and after looking at the parts diagram I can't seem to find out how much fuel line I need in the actually tank from the outlet, before attaching the strainer at the end. Is the strainer actually supposed to lay in the bottom of the tank at the end of the fuel line? Any help is appreciated. I am in the process of putting more money into this 94 zr 700 than its worth just to say I rebuilt one; so far it has been a blast and this website has been my savior. Thanks again!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Yes, the strainer sits on the bottom of the tank. The length of the line is not as important as long as the strainer is at the bottom of the tank. around the middle of the tank. Make sure you do not buy the cheapest line out there. This line is exposed to gas all the time so get the right stuff.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.