Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys have an 08 f1000.. starts fine, runs great when its cold.. after a few miles it starts to bog like its in limp mode and the ecu flashes code 07 for the TPS.. Could it be something else or most likely the TPS? Just find it odd it runs fine when cold, figured if the TPS was bad it would be bad from the get go..

Oh and I noticed that the oil tank side of the thottle body is covered in a thick black oil, donut on y-pipe is good and dont appear to be leaking... kinda worries me and it looks like garbage lol..

Also I checked out the link for the homade polaris tps tester could that be used on the f1000 as well? Hate to go spend $100+ on one if i can make it for $20 bucks!!

Season is almost done gotta get this thing running and get some use out of that damn trail pass! :angry:

·
Registered
4,198 Posts
Yes that tester combined with a meter will work top notch.
Have you looked for a rubbed or broken wire? Far more likely vs being the tps itself.
Best to follow up with confirming throttle cable slack is adjusted to slack / also disconnect throttle safety switch to eliminate it as a culprit.
Next, exhaust valves n cables + adjust to spec.
Any n all of the above could be triggering it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
10/4

Thanks for the info.. Checked valves already/cable linkage.. never thought throttle switch.. gonna check that today thanks..

If it turns out to be the tps .. Why do they say change the whole throttle body assembly in the service manual? Is it a money racket? Or necessary?:wacko:

·
Registered
4,198 Posts
Yes the tps can be changed.
If you search online for homebuilt TPS tester, you'll find a guy build one for a Polaris. Costs under $20, combine that with a decent digital multi meter and you can install n adjust at home.
Know for a fact cause I made one to confirm adjustment on my previous '08 F10.
If it turns out you need a TPS, buddy of mine in Orillia has a new take off.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
heh thats funny..

I just drove to orillia and bought one from a guy yesturday.. Put it on and it set fine.. Was just curious if there is a perfect setting for the numbers.. Or just the ball park in manually is fine? I set it at .650 closed and around 3700 open.

Well off to put the pipes and console back on and take her for a rip!
Cat happy

Keeping fingers crossed thats the last of the issues with this sled! lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts