Votes: 0 0.0%
  • abused but fixed under warrenty

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i look at all the diffrent threads and what i find is that we as cat owners do alot of $itching when somthing breaks or go's wrong so what i want to do is try to get people to own up to there abuse and quit blaming cat, if you get bigger tires or jump 15 feet or swamp your bike why are you pushing the blame on cat. mabey if all the fragalent claims were done away with cat would have a better standing in the atv world and could lower there prices to compete with some of the others? not bashing anyone on the board but let's be honest.

·
Premium Member
2,830 Posts
i have never abused my machine and that includes my old machinetoo

i never had to engage the diff lock yet and have never takin it in water thats above the floorboards and ud be crazy to jump a 4x4 slaphappy :lol:

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Honestly, if warranty is available, I will always try it first.

I don't have what I consider extreme mods, 27" tires and a module.
I also don't feel I abuse my bike. It does get rode hard sometimes though. Nothing I wouldn't expect the machine to handle. I've had warranty cover some things and some things I have paid for.

Anybody that thinks they should be covered when they have 29.5" tires and a broken axle, should give their head a shake. Even with my 27's I would accept a denial of claim, no problem.

My biggest complaints about warranty are, the fighting to get something covered, and the fact that one guy will get something covered no problem, and then the next guy with the same issue, either has to fight them, or not get covered at all. Makes no sense.

In a way I am gald my warranty is up and it's all a non issue for me now. It's all my dime now. :tongue_nana:
I didn't vote, because I don't really know where I would fit.

Later
Molsondrinkr

·
Premium Member
15,413 Posts
Mine stayed bone stock until the entire warranty was up. Well... Except for tires. The wheels I bought were the same diameter as the rear stockers, asked my dealer if that presents a problem with warranty claims. He said as long as they're not bigger than stockers, no problem.

Abuse? What is abuse to one person may not be to another. What defines abuse can vary, because folks will have different opinions. I didn't vote.

Clearly, extreme careless usage that goes against common sense causing abnormal damage is not a factory defect and shouldn't be covered by warranty anyway.

I ride mine in such a way, many will call that abuse. But that's just their opinion... Only because the way I ride may be drastically different from the way they ride. Doesn't mean its abuse though, as I'm actually very easy on a machine. My toys seem to have an overall longer lifespan than the average. My snowmobiles are an example of this. Hope my ATV is an example one day too.

I've not broken any axles, CV joints, drivetrain parts, etc. Everything lasted as expected except for known issues that were repaired properly under warranty, no questions asked.

What you don't hear a lot on forums, is the folks who are satisfied and have no problems. Failures & fixes account for a small percentage of total sales... You just never get the other 99-/+% folks constantly posting "Still good, nothing broken, No warrantly claims." etc. This maginfies the effect of hearing only a few of all the voices that own motorized toys.

If a manufacturer sold 100,000 ATVs, and you found 1000 people posting problems on forums... Not hearing from the other 99-/+% of owners makes it look worse than it might really be.

:chug:

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BOSSLOADER @ Jan 31 2007, 11:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
i look at all the diffrent threads and what i find is that we as cat owners do alot of $itching when somthing breaks or go's wrong so what i want to do is try to get people to own up to there abuse and quit blaming cat, if you get bigger tires or jump 15 feet or swamp your bike why are you pushing the blame on cat. mabey if all the fragalent claims were done away with cat would have a better standing in the atv world and could lower there prices to compete with some of the others? not bashing anyone on the board but let's be honest.[/b]
I agree - what gets me is when the guy puts on monster tires - for example - snaps an axle, and then switches back to the factory tires and brings it in. I guess I'm a little too honest for that.

Jay

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Arctic cat is very hard on its owners as a rule, My 06 V2 I just bought, had the rear aux. caliper break in half and then ruin the rotor and rear brake pads as well, dealer said he wasn't sure they would cover it. WTF!This atv is bone stock and had a whopping 45 miles on it! And still looks new! I will not be happy if they don't.

·
Banned
1,501 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GunRunner @ Jan 31 2007, 03:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Arctic cat is very hard on its owners as a rule, My 06 V2 I just bought, had the rear aux. caliper break in half and then ruin the rotor and rear brake pads as well, dealer said he wasn't sure they would cover it. WTF!This atv is bone stock and had a whopping 45 miles on it! And still looks new! I will not be happy if they don't.[/b]
Any malfunctions of safety devices, particularly brakes should not be contested by the manufacturer. My old '87 Suzuki would bust it's brakes every time they froze up in the fall. If I rode through water and the temperature dropped below freezing, the brakes would freeze to the hub. When I'd drive away, the automatic brake adjusters would shear. No brakes thereafter. I had Suzuki replace the broken brake components for several years past warranty. Initially they were reluctant to do anything about it. I threatened that I would get the Canadian Transportation Safety Board people involved because their product was inherently unsafe. Any outfit that balks at covering the cost for correcting a defective safety device is flirting with big trouble providing the complainant knows the ropes. When you're dealing with them, talk safety and the fact that your personal safety was jeopardized by their defective equipment. Make a comparison with a car. If that happened on an automobile, it would be a very serious mechanical failure. You'll see that it will get their attention. The Suzuki never did stop breaking the brakes. I just stopped riding through water in the fall or, would pull the wheels off to thaw the brakes out before riding. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
2,508 Posts
i voted sometimes abused i use my quad im not affraid too.but mine holds up anything that has broken was not my fault and was fixed by my dealer no prob.well except for me slipping my belt while being stuck in water up to my lap but i burnt a groove in my clutch but thats my fault.but as to the first post i love riding through a trail and seeing peoples faces when they see the size of the cat and its charmish good looks lol. even forest police comment how big it is. ive been acused of lifting it.and i love when people bash the cat until it passes them in 3 ft of mud like its not there. but i understand what your saying

·
Registered
724 Posts
I have abused my bike but only things that have gone wrong frame broke in the first year. And the pod filled with moister first week.Other than that no other problems.

·
Premium Member
1,703 Posts
It cost me too much money to abuse it, I need it to last me a while, I cannot afford to go and buy a new one every couple years, this one better last me about 6-10 years

·
Registered
300 Posts
Well my dealer is ashamed at his coustomers if thier quad isn't modded. they will even do the mods for your bike if you dont know how. Ive had my dealer install a clutch kit, 28 inch mudzillas, and while it was in i also got them to install a hmf slip on and a fuel mapper. they even tuned it in for me with the snorkels i put on. And they will fix anything that breaks under warrenty. Best dealer i have ever been to. it is located on a farm out in the middle of a bush(kinda hard to find) but is well worth it.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Abuse...lol thats an undersatment...lol

Seriously i am very hard on my little 400 and so far it has not let me down. 5 1/2 years and many miles later the only thing I've had to do was replace 1 CV boot(stick in it) ,replace the gas tank (that i broke) and drain the water out of the engine a few times( i need snorkels :D )The older models were built like tanks.I do tend to see more problems from the new machines but a lot of that steams from having more power.My 400 is not strong enough to break anything......it kinda reminds me of a Honda.Weak and reliable :tongue_nana:

·
Premium Member
2,025 Posts
I say I have abused our 02 400i buy speed shfting the hell out of it from brand new (2 years)to when I gave it to my wife, after I bought me a 650. I will have to say that beast held up great . I find it hard to abuse a belt drive 4 wheeler.
Kenny

·
Registered
158 Posts
I'm pretty rough on mine the only thing I have to complain about is I don't like the stock filters and the location of the intake.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Ive rode it hard, but i wouldnt say ive abused it. I also have ALL stock parts in my shelf, brand new, like a new air box, and hoses to get rid of the snorkel job for warranty fixes. But so far, the Cat has held up for its name very well. Also, i guess changine the diff, and crankcase oil, and a bottle of sea foam every 500 miles, even while using amsoil, keeps everything spotless on the inside

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (A G @ Jan 31 2007, 03:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
What you don't hear a lot on forums, is the folks who are satisfied and have no problems. Failures & fixes account for a small percentage of total sales... You just never get the other 99-/+% folks constantly posting "Still good, nothing broken, No warrantly claims." etc. This maginfies the effect of hearing only a few of all the voices that own motorized toys.

If a manufacturer sold 100,000 ATVs, and you found 1000 people posting problems on forums... Not hearing from the other 99-/+% of owners makes it look worse than it might really be.

:chug:[/b]
I couldn't agree with you more on that subject AG. It doesn't matter if you go into a AC forum, Polaris, Honda or any manufacturer and majority of the problematic post do seem negative. Reason being is that not everyone goes for a ride and post that nothing broke, ran poorly, etc but when something does go wrong they will put up a post about it.

As far as the question I dont consider myself abusive on my DVX but I do drive it hard/aggressively. I didn't by a sport atv to putt through the trails and never see some high RPM's. Luckly I haven't had any issue either and have had some performance mods and different tire/wheels since the first year I had it. Though each year I also go through the whoel ATV and replace any worn parts to help keep downtime in the riding season a minium.

·
Registered
434 Posts
But arent these machines that we have all chosen for the tuff and ruggedness supposed to be able to handle what we throw at them.As far as not talking about good ride days where nothing breaks I have seen them on here.But when something breaks you will want to and need to vent.And yes when i ride mine i will ride as hard as terrian and the guys im with will allow.If something breaks yeah I will put a post on here.There are alot of times where yes something will break and it is not the riders error and there are times that it is.

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
As I see it most times when you post on this site it is because you have a problem and you need the advice of the awesome members of this site :beer_cheers: to help. saying that most guys won't post about a good day of riding and I think that is why you mostly hear complaints

I LOVE MY CAT and would never trade it but if I have a problem I will post it here

1 - 20 of 132 Posts