Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I bought my 98 zr 600 that I long tracked back from my buddy that I sold it to. Right now it has the stock graphics as in the picture. I am thinking about removing all the graphics and going with the blacked out look on the hood but am not sure how it will look. Anyone with a zr2 have it all black? If so, let me see some pics so I can decide if I want to go that route. Thanks ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361603313.134762.jpg

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
I don't know of this will really help or not but here is the 98 I sold earlier this year. It should give you a decent idea... I liked the green it had here and there.

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. Those are zr3 sleds though. I have one of those that was all black but the zr2 body is different enough that it makes me wonder. Just don't want to pull off my graphics, which are in good shape, and then regret it.

·
Registered
566 Posts
I know its another zr3 but blacked out somewhat with orange accents. I think your zr2 would look pretty sweet blacked out but your graphics are in pretty good shape so its a tough decision.

I don't know that I've ever seen a zr2 blacked put before.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Thanks guys. Those are zr3 sleds though. I have one of those that was all black but the zr2 body is different enough that it makes me wonder. Just don't want to pull off my graphics, which are in good shape, and then regret it.
That's why I said I didn't know if it would help or not... I didn't really like that CL one but it had a big old man windshield also... I think a lot of sleds don't look too hot blacked out myself.
I also didn't black out my 98 either...

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Attachments

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
No problem John, happened to stumble on it this morning. Personally, I don't like it blacked out. I like the graphics on my 98. Let us know what ya decideCat happy

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, I don't like the totally blacked out look either, but I think I will do mostly blacked out with a few accent graphics. On my Mountain Cat I made some custom graphics with some vinyl stock that can be run through a color laser printer. It came out pretty good and has held up pretty well. I have some of that material left over. Here are a few pics of how that one turned out.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Yeah, I don't like the totally blacked out look either, but I think I will do mostly blacked out with a few accent graphics. On my Mountain Cat I made some custom graphics with some vinyl stock that can be run through a color laser printer. It came out pretty good and has held up pretty well. I have some of that material left over. Here are a few pics of how that one turned out.
That's a neat, one of a kind look. Pretty good idea!

·
Registered
10,301 Posts
John,

Nice sled. Nice job. Don't really see those black as already said. thumbguy

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Here is what I tried today. it gets rid of a bunch of the stock graphics. I think I like it but i think i will also get rid of the purple "efi" badges below the "600" graphics. All i did was use a razor blade to trim away what I didn't want. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361844240.168634.jpg

·
Registered
566 Posts
I like it, Orange screens would really make it POP!!!

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah. I think it is just about the right amount of graphics now. I liked the stock graphics, but that look was kind of dated. I just bought the sled back from my buddy and need to fix a few things and switch some stuff back. He had put a Sno-stuff can on it and I put it back to stock today. I also put a reverse chaincase on it. The setup that I had was with the shaft extension retainer as pictured, but the ZR has a stud type dirveshaft which uses the other kind which I didn't have. I wound up welding a 1/2" long piece of a 3/8" coupling nut to a 1/2-20 nut as in my little sketch. I threaded the 1/2-20 side to the drive shaft and then used a 1 inch long 3/8" bolt to hold the retainer on. I of course locktited both the 1/2-20 and 3/8 bolt. Worked perfectly.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I like it, Orange screens would really make it POP!!!
I was thinking that too. I also am thinking about the running board grips and the back corners of the hood. Maybe that Krylon paint for plastic for the bumpers. Not sure how well it would hold up though.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts