Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
The pics our from a 18 ZR 8000 es. I’ve been out a few nights with the new leds and are very happy with the results. High beams are crazy bright.
Cat really has to do something about light housing. If I get low beams where I want them , high beams light up the tree tops. So I’ve lowered the high beams to get maximum distance and run them all the time except when traffic is coming the other way.
My son has a 18 8000 rr with factory leds and his doesn’t even come close to out shining my lights.
When we do night driving he always know when I’m behind him.

·
Registered
26 Posts
The pics our from a 18 ZR 8000 es. I’ve been out a few nights with the new leds and are very happy with the results. High beams are crazy bright.
Cat really has to do something about light housing. If I get low beams where I want them , high beams light up the tree tops. So I’ve lowered the high beams to get maximum distance and run them all the time except when traffic is coming the other way.
My son has a 18 8000 rr with factory leds and his doesn’t even come close to out shining my lights.
When we do night driving he always know when I’m behind him.
Thanks for the reply...I have the same sled and will be replacing the bulbs with LEDs that have the actual led in the same location and orientation as the factory halogen's filament to maximize light focused back by the reflector. I assume there is only one beam high adjustment screw so lowering the high beams also lowers the low beams?

·
Registered
26 Posts
when removing the dash/console, how did you separate the connections at the rear (either side of the pull start cord). Do I just need to pull up hard? Don't want to break anything. Thanks.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Disregard the above question. I found the two hidden screws on the under side. Next question is how did you get the bulb retaining ring out. Looks like you need a special tool to rotate is counterclockwise to remove it.

·
Super Moderator
9,126 Posts
Did you find the solution?
I have been using long nose pliers-needlenose, to hook the tabs as I turn the retaining ring. No clamping, I just use the pliers to get the spread across the bulb base. Hardest part is getting the ring to turn past the initial tab tension locks. I use the same method to reinstall.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yes I did thanks. My needle-nose pliers were not long enough so I used two small screwdrivers to get into the two slots on the retaining ring and was able to turn and release it. Got the LEDs in last night. Big improvement. Ended up getting the same kit as the OP. The install was very clean. One of the drivers was wired with reverse polarity (highbeam on with switch in lowbeam). Since the company is in China (nobody to call), I just re-pinned the factory connector (swapped the white and blue wires) and it works perfect now.

·
Super Moderator
9,126 Posts
Cool to hear.
Nice catch on the polarity.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Update on the NAOEVO kit. Did not even get 1 season on of them. One of low beam LEDs blew. Tried to get a warranty replacement but could not get a response from the OEM (tried multiple emails and posted on their Facebook page). They are in China so I guess I am out of luck.

·
Super Moderator
9,126 Posts
Bummer to hear.

·
Registered
26 Posts
ya, it went out sometime on the second to last ride of the season. There is some browning around the LED chip for the low beam (high beam on that bulb still works). I just tried to message them via there website messaging feature. Hopefully they won't ignore that like their support email or Facebook support messaging.

·
Super Moderator
9,126 Posts
That's a tough deal with the manufacturer.
I did a little digging hoping I could help. They have an odd distribution network. Couldn't find any local support. I've dealt with some of these type of businesses. My best luck was with email and a lot of waiting between communication. Good Luck.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Just curious what did the LEDs cost you. Mine cost me just over $200 and a five year warranty. The company I purchased my leds from only requires a pic of faulty LED and you are required to cut the wires on led. There a sponsor on another sled site.

·
Super Moderator
9,126 Posts
@F7snopr Thanks for your input. I like companies that handle their warranty with a method that works. The practice varies quite a bit with manufactures. I've cut cords, smashed items, and even cut up clothing to process warranty with included pictures. It seems rare to send items back anymore unless it is beta testing at the consumer end.

Reactions: F7snopr

·
Registered
26 Posts
Just curious what did the LEDs cost you. Mine cost me just over $200 and a five year warranty. The company I purchased my leds from only requires a pic of faulty LED and you are required to cut the wires on led. There a sponsor on another sled site.
They were $159. What setup are you running?

21 - 40 of 48 Posts