Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the leds installed tonight and what a difference. I took before and after shots it’s like night and day. Lol

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sled was in the same spot for all pics. Trees at end of driveway are approximately 190 ft away

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
They were 180 bucks , I know that seems high but the reviews were great ( real reviews) from other people I’ve been talking to. And 5 year warranty. Beam pattern is excellent. 11,000 luminous (5500 a bulb)

To install them takes around a hour but that’s just because I’m fussy. I had to remove windshield and dash. There’s only 4 screws holding dash on.Than you disconnect acc plug,speedo and key from back of dash and remove. I guess if you had really small hand you could do it without removing it. I Velcro the drivers in the center of light housing. They are plug and play. With all the upgrades I’ve done to my sled this is by far the best purchase I’ve made for sled. Cat really needs to up there game on redesigning the light housing. It’s better than my 12 f8 but still not good enough

·
Super Moderator
9,126 Posts
F7snopr, I'm assuming you had to trim the rubber grommet for the bulb base. I did a different brand of bulbs on an earlier machine. I couldn't get the base assembly to fit inside that grommet.
BTW, any updates on riding with the bulbs? The product looks pretty good.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I upgraded my sled to leds this fall. Last Thursday was my first time riding at night with them. Definitely worth the upgrade. Just for the whiter light.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Didn’t have to do any trimming. Base gets mounted first , than rubber mount , than led assembly.
Been out a couple times since I installed leds but no really night driving. Plan is to do around 500 kms on Saturday. We will be up at 3 am and on the road by 4. Have to drive 3 1/2 hrs to get snow. My son has plans on Sunday so it will be a late night. Packed my flexible driver so I’ll be able to tweak headlight alignment.
Going to be getting 30 cm Saturday so this will be a good test for snow and snow dust.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Didn’t have to do any trimming. Base gets mounted first , than rubber mount , than led assembly.
Been out a couple times since I installed leds but no really night driving. Plan is to do around 500 kms on Saturday. We will be up at 3 am and on the road by 4. Have to drive 3 1/2 hrs to get snow. My son has plans on Sunday so it will be a late night. Packed my flexible driver so I’ll be able to tweak headlight alignment.
Going to be getting 30 cm Saturday so this will be a good test for snow and snow dust.
How did those LEDs hold up this season. Looking at doing this as well. Are your picks from a 2018 ZR?

·
Registered
949 Posts
I added them to my 2018 and they came standard on my 2020 limited. Work fantastic. Were easy to install on my 18. Some modifications to the hood area need to be done to make the cat OEM work on a pre 2018 except for the RS edition. 6000 sleds I am talking now. They are a plug and play with the mods to the hood. 8000 series zuk needs more changed.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I added them to my 2018 and they came standard on my 2020 limited. Work fantastic. Were easy to install on my 18. Some modifications to the hood area need to be done to make the cat OEM work on a pre 2018 except for the RS edition. 6000 sleds I am talking now. They are a plug and play with the mods to the hood. 8000 series zuk needs more changed.
What bulb did you go with?

1 - 20 of 48 Posts