Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Are the LED replacements higher wattage? Most LED's I have looked up for these sleds are higher wattage for similar output. I am not sure if that sled is AC or DC voltage at the headlights but the lights should work either way.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They are 40w led bulbs I'm not sure what the halogens bulbs are at. Not sure on voltage either. But they are direct replacement bulbs just don't want to burn it out

·
Registered
229 Posts
I was looking to do this on my 2006 CF7 and could not find any information on it at all. To me the cost was not worth it. Light output isn't the best but I have always just adjusted one light up and one light down so that I can still have lights hitting the snow with the skis off the ground. Where were you going to buy the lights?

·
Registered
422 Posts
Anyone know if you need a voltage regulator if you replace bulbs with led bulbs on 2009 crossfire 800 efi?
You need a rectifier to run LED bulbs on that sled (convert AC to DC). I didn't want to put a lot of money into mine, and since high beams get the most use, I only replaced the high beam bulbs with LED (I used one rectifier per bulb). It was well worth the effort, much brighter now.

·
Registered
422 Posts
It depends on what rectifier you buy and how you want to wire it. I bought two Chinese rectifiers for $8 each and used one for each high beam. These are higher quality for about $40 each: https://www.cyclopsadventuresports.com/Rectifier-for-LED-Light-Module_p_85.html I wired mine to plug and play, so if a rectifier burns out, I can unplug it and put a halogen bulb in temporarily. But so far the cheap rectifiers are holding up (knock on wood).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts