Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just received three hand warmer kits for my children's 120 sleds but have been trying to find some LED bulbs for the head lights instead of the stock bulbs because I would like some LEDs that would draw less watts so the hand warmers stay warmer and the lights wont dim. I have searched for three days and cant find ANYTHING. Wondering if anyone managed to find any LED bulbs or a link to some that would work or something that someone may have been successful in doing for this problem. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did ask the dealer already and nothing. Thought Id see if anyone around here had any success in finding some.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The head lights are Part number 0609-004 and look like this Arctic Cat Snowmobile Bulb Headlight Kitty Cat 0609 004 | eBay but there are no bulb replacements that I can find without tearing out the wiring and converting everything to LED with glue and tape....which is what I'm trying to avoid.

It doesn't look like the GE 894 at all. Unless I'm missing something. Either way thank you for the reply. Ill still keep searching until I come up with something. (crossing fingers)

·
Registered
40 Posts
You didn't give a year so I had to guess.

You are right...there isn't an LED light for that bulb. There is a cross though to GE635J and others Eiko, etc.

The issue here is the total available wattage of the coil isn't enough to run all of your accessories (which you are aware). If you look up the wattage produced it will be the Max wattage at full throttle and less at idle. If you add up the draw of all the electrical including the hand warmers its probably too much. So again, as you are probably aware, you need to find lower watt bulbs. LED is a good place to look but I don't think they make an LED for that style of bulb. You could however look for a 25 watt version of the same bulb (GE625J) and that would free up 10 watts for the warmers which are usually around 15 total. You could also look for an LED tail light.

Good luck.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Oh yeah they are made in 2002 and 2006. sry, Thanks Ill look into that bulb. I have already changed the tail lights to LED bulbs. I was only looking to do the same to the head light to gain more Watts for the warmers. That bulb doesnt have the same 3 lugs to lock into the housing. I am still trying to find a way. If I do I will post it here.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mrbizplan. Thank you so much for your help. You have helped me more than you know. Turns out the 3rd sled is a 2009 and has that bulb you were mentioning first...which I didn't know arctic cat changed bulb types on these sleds...untill I had all 3 out...So I will be grabbing some of those 9 watt bulbs to replace the stock one and have already found some 25 watt bulbs (instead of the 35watt stock ones) for the older 2002 and 2006 ZR120's. That should be enough to keep those hand warmers nice and hot. Again thanks for the help!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Bringing this old thread back. I have a 2013 zr 120 and want to add the hand warmer kit. What bulb do i need to change in the taillight and headlight? Thanks guys

·
Registered
3 Posts
The new ones even come with warmers. But after you add the kit i guess the headlight dims cause of the draw so changeing the taillight and headlight to bulbs that draw less wattage helps. I just dont know what bulbs to buy.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
sorry my guys never ride at night only in yard / field during day heck the one kids sled never had a headlamp as long as the brake lights work they are good they race em and iv'e never had anyone ask why the one is not on

·
Registered
112 Posts
I found that on the 2015 zr120, the headlight bulb is a 881 type, 37w. I put in a 881 LED, freeing up 27 watts, as the LED only draws 10 watts. The heated grips now get much warmer.

I also put a DVX 90 battery on the passenger side, in a breakaway battery box so that a heated helmet shield can be run.

This should make it a bit more comfortable to ride.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts