Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does it hurt to leave the key on to listen to the radio? When you turn the key on you can hear the fuel pump pressurize but does that hurt anything? I'm not talking about hours just fifteen to twenty minutes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
251 Posts
The only thing you're going to hurt is the battery.

If you find yourself doing this often, it might be worthwhile to have the radio wired from the battery through a separate switch rather than to the ignition, then you won't pressurize the fuel pump, power-up the ECU and gauge, and everything else and it would be better for the battery.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
193 Posts
I agree, radio needs to be wired directly from battery. Depending on your setup (amp, ect) you should be able to run music for quite awhile before draining your battery.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guy's that makes sense. I was just thinking of the radio draining the battery. I guess I'll quit being lazy and wire a separate switch in.
 
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Top