Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I recently tore my 2005 AC 400 manual apart and cleaned all of it and filled it with fresh fluids. I put it back together and now whenever it's running, theres a leak thats coming from the oil cooler/radiator. Whenever the AC is turned off it doesn't drip so I was wondering did I over-fill the oil or is there a crack somewhere that need fixing?

·
Banned
1,501 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (praux @ Jan 25 2007, 07:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Ok, I recently tore my 2005 AC 400 manual apart and cleaned all of it and filled it with fresh fluids. I put it back together and now whenever it's running, theres a leak thats coming from the oil cooler/radiator. Whenever the AC is turned off it doesn't drip so I was wondering did I over-fill the oil or is there a crack somewhere that need fixing?[/b]
Did you add the recommended amount? Is there an overflow source in the area where the oil is leaking? If you over fill the engine, the oil will pressurize and it has to go somewhere. Wipe the area clean, start the engine and watch for the source of the leak.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I filled the fluid to the right amount and it looks like its coming from the front of the oil cooler, where all those fins are.

·
Registered
116 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (praux @ Jan 25 2007, 07:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I filled the fluid to the right amount and it looks like its coming from the front of the oil cooler, where all those fins are.[/b]

Check the clamps on the hoses. They are likely the culprit. Put some regular hose clamps on them. I have done this on alot of them. (I am a mechanic)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts