Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any of you had the latest (This Year) 7000 ECU update done to your sled?? (14's -16's I believe?). My dealer told me today he has done 12 of them and has had no feedback from 11 of them and the one he did get feed back from said the sled lost power and runs bad. Has any one had it done and whats your thoughts from before to afterwards??

·
Super Moderator
8,057 Posts
I think the one we have is on it’s 3rd flash. If you have the original 14 flash I would not re do it. The 14 we had ran the best. The 16 has been flashed a bunch. One of the flashes screwed the speedo up and cat had to re write it

·
Registered
28 Posts
People complain that it takes longer to start, I say I'd rather wait an extra .5 seconds than snap the teeth off of my starter in the middle of nowhere. Other than that, no complaints.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think the one we have is on it’s 3rd flash. If you have the original 14 flash I would not re do it. The 14 we had ran the best. The 16 has been flashed a bunch. One of the flashes screwed the speedo up and cat had to re write it

Our 14 has had one re flash that I know of. (We bought it used and there dealer did the first re flash) It runs good and has not had any kickbacks so unless I here something great with the new re flash I think I am leaving it alone.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ok I'm looking at a 2014 ZR 7000 from private owner, found out through Arctic cat web site, that it has not had the last update. If I take it to my local dealer, will I have to pay for ECU updates?

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I was told that they would be free until a certain date, however due to my advanced age, I don't remember what that date is. I would call your local dealer. I bought my 16 as a leftover, and all the updates had been done except for the last one. I had that done in March, after logging 3,000 miles on the old flash. I noticed it started better cold with the new one, but had a bit of a longer crank time when warm. Didn't notice any power and MPG difference, Probably put on another 600 miles or so with the new tune in it. If I had the choice, I would do it again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts