Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
well trails officially closed today near me, and last two days its was snowing pretty good, so took a ride up to see how they were, and MAN Glad I did,
1 to 3+ ft on most trails, and almost NO one else on trails, maybe seen 10 guys riding the whole day

most all trails in the AM were just awesome, deep snow, coming over the hood deep, had a blast breaking trail on about 30+ miles of trails, snow going from a ft or so, to some 6+ ft drifts
sled ran like a champ
got stuck twice, but not bad
logged in about a 150+ miles
best day on the trails all season, and had to happen on the DAY the trails close, where the heck was all this snow in Dec, or Jan or FEB??
last yr, we got 30+ inches on the DAY trails closed too LOL

winters suck anymore , but darn when conditions are good, its an awesome sport!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
You get hit with all those Nor'easters?
I was hoping they'd make their way up to Southern Ontario, but seems like the snow only went as far as northern NY state. Like I could drive 45 mins, across the bridge to the US and there would be lots of snow. But barely anything near me. :(

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
It's snowing here today yet. Trails in NY just across the border here are open and the snow is deep. We rode Wednesday and are going up today, may ride tomorrow a little because it is St. Patrick's day and I rode it last year too. I have to buy some oil if I do, I used 4 gallons of it this year and I am out. Tcat446 should be out there riding this weekend, trails might hold into net week with a few waterholes, if the ground was frozen I know they would hold but weekend traffic is going to be rough on them.

·
Registered
222 Posts
It snowed some here, but the sun is brutal on some of our bare spots. They are getting bigger every day. Loggers have plowed some portions of our trail system too. I am going riding tomorrow, will have to find ways around the small gravel. Still a good base on our northern part of our system.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah were calling for some heavier snow last 3 days of next week IF the stars line up,
but my trails here closed yesterday
if NY gets hit, might take a run up that way for a real last ride , but as of now, I'm glad I got the ride in yesterday I did, helps take some of the sting off the lousy season I had here

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
My gang managed to grind out 325 miles from this storm in a couple rides, it is gonna take a big hit with the number of sleds and warm day temps, I may try for another ride if we get real snow but we are likely done on groomed trails for the year here. Did 112 today in lieu of green beer, I just washed the sled and found my secondary needs some major love or a dumpster ride, not sure which yet.

Unbreakable you will have base for a while yet I reckon, lol.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Gammer it's hit and miss here too. I bet we are crying the blues Monday or Tuesday and it is gone. We rolled out last Wednesday and 3 of us were stuck twice each, it was rough and tumble all day, visibility sucked, we were sweaty and soaked after 60 miles. We dug out two other guys two and helped find another guy who was lost too. Thursday we didn't ride we let the powder junkies and groomers do their thing. We hit it yesterday and again today at daybreak both days, trails are mushy by noon and water holes opened up, the fat lady is definitely getting ready to sing here.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
well got 14 inches of snow yesterday, so this morning managed to squeeze in another ride behind the house
and going to take a gamble and make a trip to NY this weekend too
guess I'm getting more riding in than I thought this yr, way behind from what I hoped for, but late season is being better than all winter so far here LOL

Attachments

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OK for sure MY LAST ride this season
made it to Ny Sat (153 miles) and 145 today, l a total of 298 miles, maybe like 850 miles for the yr, not as many as I hoped for, but a lot more than it was looking it it was going to be!

weekend trails were from awesome flat and fast, to MUD in spots, more on the good side than bad,so that's the way it should be LOL

so a great 2 days of riding, and a great end to the season for me
got more miles logged in March than I did than all the other months together! HAHA
and its spring time now and NOT even winter!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts