Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Of rise that is....LOL... just thought I would post some pics of a 8inch riser and handgaurds on my F7, Let me say its a perfect fit for a guy is 6'6. Im happy I didnt go taller or shorter.This rise requires a new brake line, a throttle extention (pictured), and of course the riser. There is plenty of slack in wires FYI.

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
ya i am 5' 11" do u think i should go with the 8 or the 6.5 ??? i wasnt sure ? and i see u have the green runners on the tunnel i just order some and they r a different color than the sled and i was wondering if your r the same way ???

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dwayne @ Jan 10 2007, 04:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
ya i am 5' 11" do u think i should go with the 8 or the 6.5 ??? i wasnt sure ? and i see u have the green runners on the tunnel i just order some and they r a different color than the sled and i was wondering if your r the same way ???[/b]
Its really up to you but for your hieght I would say 6.5, my factory block is 4.5inches, I'm not sure if you can get away with not having to buy the extentions (throttle-brake) for the 6.5. I dont know if there is a difference in the SP vs. STD on riser hieght. The side grips are AC ones and yes to my disapointment they dont match niether do my hand guards, they seem to be the old gren and the new is darker,oh well maybe I will have them powder coated next year.

·
Registered
703 Posts
i tried using the powermadd throttle extension and the unit pulled too much free play for my sled to start. I took it off and i had the length in the cable to not really need it... but my sled is carbed. I think there is a little more room in the stock carb throttle cable than the EFI's have. I custom made my riser close to 9" too. Little too tall for me i think though. At 6' on the button and monkey arms, i need to shorten it up to 7.5 - 8".

If you havent tried starting you sled yet, i'd suggest it. Just because it didn't work for me. I couldnt adjust the cablein more for more free play. i could only pull it tighter. Any thoughts?

Nice sled though. Like the HID kit you did too.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (F_ast @ Jan 10 2007, 08:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
i tried using the powermadd throttle extension and the unit pulled too much free play for my sled to start. I took it off and i had the length in the cable to not really need it... but my sled is carbed. I think there is a little more room in the stock carb throttle cable than the EFI's have. I custom made my riser close to 9" too. Little too tall for me i think though. At 6' on the button and monkey arms, i need to shorten it up to 7.5 - 8".

If you havent tried starting you sled yet, i'd suggest it. Just because it didn't work for me. I couldnt adjust the cablein more for more free play. i could only pull it tighter. Any thoughts?

Nice sled though. Like the HID kit you did too.[/b]
The throttle ext is all the way out and it works great, I did a small adjustment at my throttle body though, tore up some grass with no issues. More to come on the HID thing kepp checking my posts. Now Im off to MICHIGAN to use this green machine.

·
Registered
321 Posts
JOHN HOLMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts