Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone tried insatalling one on a M8?? Which wire did you use for power also where did you install the gague, just looking for some pics thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,954 Posts
I haven't done the install, but the cleanest appearance I've seen was eliminating the key & putting it in that depression.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Have you already picked up the Koso gauge. I do a little parttime work at a dealership here and they ordered in a bunch of Koso gauges cause of the price to go with several piped M1000s we sold. Great looking gauge and easy to read but we seemed to have alot of problems ranging from a few dead gauges to lots of bad probes. We've never had any problem with the Digatrons and Racepacks we've sold on the other hand they stood behidn there product well this year so hopefully it was just early bugs that they have been able to work out.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ya I already picked up the koso, I am having trouble finding a hot wire to hook it upto any ideas? Also have another question, just wondering if anyone has had any problems installing the bikeman adjustable regulator, I installed it making sure not to loose any o rings and tried starting the sled but there is gas spraying out from the fuel pump by the regulator. I pulled it out and checked and it all seemed fine put it back in and same thing. Is there supposed to be some leakage? Thanks for your help.

·
Premium Member
2,954 Posts
it's a constant return system, so fuel should be returning to the tank, this is what you're seeing I would assume. The fuel reg actually regulates the return fuel, this is how it keeps a constant pressure.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I can't imagine you would want gas leaking under the hood sounds like a fire waiting to happen. They changed a bunch of stuff in the wiring last year but there might still be an accessory plug by the APV soleniod still.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ya theres no gas leaking under the hood just when the sled is running and i looked into the gas tank there is fuel spraying from by the regulator assembly. I havent looked at the sled for a while but ill check for the accesorie plug thanks.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Sorry misunderstood. The accessory plug should have a brown and yellow wire going to it. Basically any solid yellow wire is a 12v power and the brown wire is your ground. Koso was supposed to start including the power inverter with the gauges but if you didn't get one you can call and they will send you one for free atleast from my dealers experience. I don't know if they are needed on the new Ms though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts