Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see the new 450 King quad uses a 454cc engine. I was wondering if that is the same engine as the old cat 454 or if they have anything in common?

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Nope, it is an all new engine. However you should see it in the Arctic Cat this fall. :chug:

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
It is the same old engine, they just put EFI on it and probably tuned it up a little with better cam and more compression.

~Fast

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fast 440 @ Jan 31 2007, 10:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
It is the same old engine, they just put EFI on it and probably tuned it up a little with better cam and more compression.

~Fast[/b]
That's kinds what I was thinking. I think the old one was manual tranny only, right. But yeah, I'm just talking the basic core engine, like cylinder and head. Looks to be the same. I wish they would have tweaked the bore and stroke to make it a 500.

Does anyone know where to find horse power numbers on line to see how it stacks up with the other 400 and 500's?

I read the review in the February DirtWheels mag, they say it has lots of snap.

·
Banned
1,501 Posts
The existing AC 500 engines produce 32.4 horse power stock.

The 450 with better breathing for a few more revs and a couple points in compression could easily out horsepower the 500. But, in an ATV torque is where it's at.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts