Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well sort of. I was plowing snow today with my 2003 250 4x4 & the propeller shaft coupler shot craps. It seems like a pretty simple job but I have a couple questions.

1. Which one of our sponsors usually has the best prices on parts?

2. After I removed the old coupler I pulled the driveshaft up to the flange on the differential & I noticed that they didn't mate up evenly There is about a 1/2" gap on the left side while the right side is touching.

Is this normal? Although I'm still waiting for the heater to melt off the rest of the ice & snow, I can't see where the differential has moved or that it is even adjustable.

And no, of course I didn't get all of the snow moved before it broke.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the link, parts are on the way. They are the cheapest by far & quite friendly to boot.

After I got it all cleaned up & de-iced I still see that the propeller shaft doesn't mate up evenly to the flange on the front differential.

Before I install a new coupler I'd like to know if this is normal or not. I've asked a couple of service guys at the parts dealers & they weren't sure.

Anyone know??

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.