Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:sos: I have been looking for new tires for my 2001 AC 400 full time 4 wheel drive with 3500 miles on the stock 489's. I can get either bearclaws or executioners pretty cheap through were I work. It will be doing mostly trail riding, with occasional mud. Im leaning towards the bearclaws, but havent had any experience using kenda tires, do they wear well, and how do they work in the winter time I dunno

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Bearclaws sound like an excellent choice for you.

I had them on a 03 AC 500, I really liked them they made the ATV handle way better. They have 6 ply rating, side lugs, a very good rim bead guard. Kenda BC's wear like iron, there not the best in the mud, but they are better than stock. In the snow is were the really shine, awesome snow tire!

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
For mostly trail riding and a little light mudding now and then the bearclaws are the tire for you. They wear extremely good. In the snow they are alright in my opinion but I find that they tend to dig down more then just go forward. Also they are a better tire then the executioners, I've never really been that imrpressed with the executioners.

·
Administrator
7,990 Posts
I have 4 new Bear claws on the way, the fronts are in stock, the rears may take another week or 2. Which is fine, I'm not in a huge hurry to get them mounted right now, (too many other projects going on right now)

·
Premium Member
19,631 Posts
I have yet to hear of any complaints from a single person who has Bearclaws. Great tire from everyone I've heard from.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Sanny651 is right, I bought me a set about a month ago for my LE 400 and I like them. They steer just fine, ride good and handle good. And at a good price from Rocky Mountain. :site:

·
Registered
474 Posts
If you go up in size, they're fairly heavy. I have about 1500 miles on mine and they look like I bought them yesterday, virtually no wear. On the other side of the coin, I'm now into upper and lower ball joints, just changed the brake pads and will soon be on my second set of shock and a-arm bushings. They're a lot heavier that stock, but the traction and width is awesome. Overall, a really good tire.

·
Administrator
7,990 Posts
I just put the new fronts on my 03 500, 26-9-12 Kenda Bearclaws., the rears on still on back order. They measure exactly 26 inches @ 7 pounds pressure. They look good.

·
Administrator
7,990 Posts
The rears just arrived, They will be put into service on Thursday the 9th of August. I'll let you all know how they perform.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have had Bearclaws on my 05 Arctic Cat 500 for about a year now and I think they work great for trail / ditch riding. They also work pretty good in the snow. They handle and ride way better than the stock tires that came with the machine. I would recommend them. Just my .02 worth.

·
Administrator
7,990 Posts
I dont have a single complaint with the Kenda's ..The ride is very nice and traction is more than what I would have expected. Lets see if they wear like everyone said.......................tigger

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I still havent bought any tires yet, I started post in april, LOL!!! to many other things going on I guess, and I barely ride it anyways since I bought my prowler

1 - 13 of 13 Posts